Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fulham fan reactions to the loss of David Stockdale

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
From the comments on here it would seem Stockdale and Hughes are very much thought of as good in the dressing room and leaders on the field. Is this deliberate? Are toko and cog similar?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
From the comments on here it would seem Stockdale and Hughes are very much thought of as good in the dressing room and leaders on the field. Is this deliberate? Are toko and cog similar?

Don't know the answer but my experience from running teams in business is too many leaders is a disaster. Causes confusion and tension. In my team I have a mixture of do-ers, thinkers and leaders. I would expect our dressing room to have a similar balance.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
V good signing but whether he is worth £1million more than keeping Kusch (obv a v v good keeper!) remains to be seen. I think you can take a lot from what opposition fans say about their players & all I've seen is positives from Fulham fans!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

With the removal of Bridcutt, Barnes, El Abd & Crofts, last season, the 'You Need Seven' (fighters) thread was looking woefully thin, and I think it showed.

We were definitely too lightweight and you're right that does seem to have been addressed.
From the Youtube clip Toko can make up most of that lost ground, on his own.

I'm beginning to look forward to the biannual of the 7 thread on 01.09.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
With the removal of Bridcutt, Barnes, El Abd & Crofts, last season, the 'You Need Seven' (fighters) thread was looking woefully thin, and I think it showed.

We were definitely too lightweight and you're right that does seem to have been addressed.
From the Youtube clip Toko can make up most of that lost ground, on his own.

I'm beginning to look forward to the biannual of the 7 thread on 01.09.

According to Swiss friends the video is right. One thing's for sure, hyppia will know of the importance of a strong defence, which we have the makings of. If we get ward, our first choice back four is excellent for this level. Then we look at the spine, and toko and ince are solid. One flairtastic player would be excellent and a forward, to get us back scoring more. I'm getting quite excited.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
For me, this is a very significant signing. This isn't some chap who's been released and is a free agent nor is it a desperation signing of an old Premier League journeyman at the death of the transfer window. This is a £1m purchase from a Championship rival who was relegated from the Prem last season. The bar has been raised for me and I'm excited about who else we have lined-up.

Granted he's been out on loan regularly but it seems he made a lasting impression wherever he's been and the general consensus from those associated with Fulham, be it fans or local journalists, is that he will be sorely missed both on and off the pitch. As the piece in the Metro said yesterday:

"It’s not that Stockdale is irreplaceable in a Fulham shirt, as in fact he’s struggled to hold down a permanent position in goal for the club during his entire career, it’s just that he is currently the backbone of the team – the bridge between the fans and the players.

"His heart last year gave supporters hope during the darkest moments and his passion rallied the players to go out and achieve something in those odd few positive performances.

"For me, it’s these things you can’t bring into a football team; the things you subconsciously pick up after being at a club for a while – it rubs off from the fans.

"Stockdale is one of the few players the fans feel actually wears the badge, and losing him unnecessarily could mean that the Fulham we all know and love might not be quite so recognisable come the start of the season."

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014

I think it's purely accidental, I'm sure Burke and bloom had not even heard of these players until they rocked up at the training ground asking if they can play too.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Richard Osman [MENTION=16604]Richard[/MENTION]osman · 15h
@stockogk1313 Good luck, you have a fabulous city and a great manager there. Keep up the amazing work, except against us.

David Stockdale ‏@stockogk1313 14h
[MENTION=16604]Richard[/MENTION]osman thanks a lot.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
David I think you need to sign up to NSC, we haven't had a regular player contributer since Guy Butters used to post on here. Needs to be done if you are going to be the conduit between the fans and the club :thumbsup:

You will also be able to defend yourself when you see the abuse telling you how shit you were during a game :smile:

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Be interesting to see how Fulham's season pans out, Not only are their fans upset about losing a very good goal keeper but seems they are upset over the fee being mention considering he had a year left in his contract.

This is yet another great bit of business been done by the club.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
This from a Fulham supporting colleague

On Stockdale:

"Stockers is a decent keeper and was in 2 or 3 England squads a while back. He was originally signed for us by Hodgson but was loaned out and he has never really established himself with the managers we’ve had afterwards - Hughes, Jol, Mulensteen and now it seems Magath isn’t that bothered about him either. Brighton might be the new beginning he needs. Strengths are shot-stopping and ….er….shot-stopping. Weaknesses: he struggles with his weight a bit, and he’s not the best on crosses or general positioning. By all accounts a nice fella."

On Aaron Hughes:

"I see you have Aaron Hughes aswell? We should never have let him go IMO…."

I personally think we have picked up two excellent players in these two ex Fulham lads. Both PL pedigree. Hopefully any weight issues that Stockdale has will be fully ironed out by our goalkeeping coach

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

This guy seems a tad unimpressed :lol:

I will never understand what possesses someone to film themselves spouting off and putting on the internet.

This stuff is like kryptonite for me and every time I see one of these types of video my body cringes and spasms in disgust

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here