Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can ANYONE explain the removal of PRINT AT HOME option...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I must have printed at least 50 tickets for gigs at home. This has often been done on a knackered inkjet printer, and the printout has then been folded multiple times to fit in my wallet. They've scanned without trouble on every single occasion.

Somebody sold the Albion an extremely dodgy system.

This has made me feel a bit more positive about the tickets.

Maybe someone sold [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] an extremely dodgy printer. :D

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I must have printed at least 50 tickets for gigs at home. This has often been done on a knackered inkjet printer, and the printout has then been folded multiple times to fit in my wallet. They've scanned without trouble on every single occasion.

Entirely this, I have used grainy shit photos of barcodes on a CRACKED iPhone screen and they have always scanned without trouble, what the **** can the problem be?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Why on earth can't these just be placed on the season ticket, isn't that the whole point of my cash carrying pie card?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Maybe they have now realized that to have a successful print at home option you need a very high spec home printer or it doesn't work, so even more people having to visit the ticket office on match day to gain entry.

my printer cost £26 from argos and the tickets it prints work fine?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I was having problems with the website, so waited until yesterday morning, and picked up the phone.

Queue position 2, less than a minutes wait, and I was through.

Tickets ordered.

I was told they weren't sending tickets out until the weekend.

They arrived today.

I really hope those tickets printed at home are ok otherwise there's going to be a but of a scramble at the ticket office in the hour before the game.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

Spot on. If Easyjet (not known for spending shedloads on sophisticated systems) can manage to email their tickets in a way that the bar codes are perfectly scannable on a phone screen at airport security (or via Passbook if you have an IPhone), it's hard to see why that isn't an obvious option for the Albion, at least for those fans (most?) who have a smartphone.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Why on earth can't these just be placed on the season ticket, isn't that the whole point of my cash carrying pie card?

Just your last few words made me think, I do hope those cards can still be used vs Arsenal for buying pies etc otherwise the catering will be carnage. Just means I have to take my paper ticket and my ST card which is even more frustrating.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
At least with away tickets, they ONLY have the option to post them out. Surely they can't SCREW that up?

Don't be so sure. For several away games this season I have had to wait until 2 days before the game to receive tickets by post that I had ordered on the first day of sale, and with everyone reporting on here that they had received theirs days earlier. I had to arrange for duplicates at Swindon and Birmingham.

However it did improve last Thursday/Friday. With all the preparation for the Arsenal sale and with loads chasing their non-delivered Charlton tickets, they still managed to deliver my Blackpool ticket by post less than 24 hours after purchase. Three weeks early. Quite bizarre.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How much does Barber get a year?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
The did print at home/on your phone for the Lewes friendly. It was a shambles and they were just letting anyone in because the game had started. That was only a couple of thousand people

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
The fact it was taken away today would suggest it relates specifically to what is happening from 9 tomorrow (on sale to non sth).
Rather than put something in overnight which may not work they took the decision to put it in early to ensure pdf was taken out.
They want to ensure they get as much revenue from the booking fee from all the non sth's...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's a joke

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I'm going to head down to the Amex with our printer from home, pass it across the counter, along with some sheets of A4 and tell them to plug it in, print my tickets and to **** with the booking fee. An absolutely indefensible and disgraceful decision by the club imho, especially as I personally feel that the £32 is too much per cheapest ticket already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here