Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt to Derby

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I see some are still suffering from the 'he's left us so now he's shit' syndrome. Kayal has a long way to go before he makes the impact Bridcutt did - although the early signs are he could be as good a player for us...

I don't think he's shit at this level, far from it.

I do think he's a bellend for the way he sulked his way out of the back door.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We have Ince, Kayal, Crofts, Stephens, JFC and Holla.

Do we need another central midfielder?

I imagine out attentions are elsewhere.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ok ta. Have we had all of the add ons yet ???

Don't think so. I vaguely recall we got £200k for Sunderland staying up in 2012/13 and £250k for (I think) 20 and 40 appearances. Don't think he made the latter.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well we are 'linked' :)lolol:) with loans for both Harrison Reed and Seb Blanco, so if we get both of those we'll be looking very good in the centre of the midfield.

Loans, yes. I know they are unpopular on NSC, but 2-3 season long loans of PL players, is a very good addition to whatever permanent signings we make.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Completely burnt his bridges with the club. The idea of him coming back is laughable. FAR worse exit than Murray's.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
At least if Bridcutt visits the Amex as an opposition player, it means he can get the abuse he deserves for going on strike to force through his move to Sunderland.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't think he's shit at this level, far from it.

I do think he's a bellend for the way he sulked his way out of the back door.

I don't disagree but I think this sour taste has also made some fans forget just how good he was for us...

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Cracking player for us. He looked completely lost playing for Sunderland.
As stated previously we have a decent set of midfield players already.

I'd take Buckley back though....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have Ince, Kayal, Crofts, Stephens, JFC and Holla.

Do we need another central midfielder?

I imagine out attentions are elsewhere.

None of those a DM as good or as effective as Bridcutt but all better going forward so yes we do need another central midfielder either on loan or permenant. Th answer could be Ince and Holla but that uses two players for 1 position.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm not sure the OP is suggesting we should've signing Buckley, I think he's trying to suggest that whilst we chase a winger from League One Derby are busy signing proven Championship and Premier League players. Weimann, Bent, Pearce and Bridcutt will massively improve any Championship team. I think that's what he was getting at anyway?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No-one is saying that are they?

Well saying Kayal is 'far better' essentially is in my opinion... They were/are both great for us and of course everyone's allowed their opinion...

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I've heard or seen nothing about Bridcutt coming to Derby for what it's worth - We DEFINITELY need backup in that area as that was one of 3 main reasons (IMO) for our shambles of an end of season....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm not saying we should have signed him, just our 'rivals' are making significant progress with proven signings, and we seem to be flapping around not making any progress.

Source is good, Derby Fan that called Carson and Weimann before they happened.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I'm not saying we should have signed him, just our 'rivals' are making significant progress with proven signings, and we seem to be flapping around not making any progress.

Source is good, Derby Fan that called Carson and Weimann before they happened.

Fair enough, I'm FAR from ITK about Derby goings on..... I had heard nothing about Chris Baird for instance, but he's just signed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I heard that this time last year as well.

You did and they haven't just given up and sold all their best players because they blew it have they? They've gone out and bought more. How refreshing, if you are a Derby fan. We were told by our hierarchy that we couldn't keep the players here when we blew it. Just saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here