Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please remain seated after the game.....

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I hope to God you're not as dumb as you make out! I hope to God. I hope to God.

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Should just let Bennett, Dunk, Bruno, Greer, Calderon, Kayal, Ince, and Stephens do the lap of honour.

The rest have simply embarassed themselves.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Should just let Bennett, Dunk, Bruno, Greer, Calderon, Kayal, Ince, and Stephens do the lap of honour.

The rest have simply embarassed themselves.
Not a bad idea at all to only have selected representatives of the club thanking the fans in this way.

To your list I would add CMS and KLL as many fans like them and it could be goodbye to CMS. I would also add Stockdale and COG as they seem like good blokes who have tried hard and played well at times.

I'd also be happy for Chris Hughton and Tony Bloom to join the players and for one of them to make a short Mulleryesque speech about going for it next season.

If they did this then it work quite well and they'd get genuine applause back.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Why don't we all go massively, disproportionately over the top and really raise the roof? I mean properly go for it as though we've just been promoted. It'll freak the players out no end...

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I'd also be happy for Chris Hughton and Tony Bloom to join the players and for one of them to make a short Mulleryesque speech about going for it next season.

If they did this then it work quite well and they'd get genuine applause back.

I'd also like to see and hear something like this. I'm not interested in a sack cloth and ashes apology for this non season but it would be good to end on a positive note and a thank you to the fans for sitting through some of the shite we've had to endure over the past 9 months.

Jan 30, 2008
Chris and the lads would like to show their appreciation for your support this year........

Please don't let this happen this year. A quick clap as we walk off and let's draw a line under our sorry season.

ALL SEEMS STAGE MANAGED AND CHEESY, players bringing out their children :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
It's not just about showing gratitude for efforts this season, it will also be the chance for us to say goodbye to many players - quite how many we do not know yet - but it's likely to be the last time CMS graces the Amex as an Albion player (and I think he deserves a positive send-off) and it could even be the last we see of Calde (I'm welling up typing this).

Completely agree, Bozza.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The reason it hasn't really worked the last couple of seasons was because we were in the play offs.
This year feels pointless really, there were some good moments but oddly enough most of these happened away.
The crux of the problem is consistency, we have too many loan players, too much player churn and too many at the wrong end of their careers or who just don't care.
I wonder if Kemy will do a lap...........

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Maybe they could parade round in their latest motor cars, waving slowly out the window. Perhaps, with their weekly wage displayed on the doors

Feb 14, 2010
It's not just about showing gratitude for efforts this season, it will also be the chance for us to say goodbye to many players -

The easy half joke post is to say "who can argue with that, lets hang out the flags and celebrate if we are saying goodbye to these players". But that is a cheap shot. There is a bigger point about the whole "stay seated and clap when we tell you" type of celebration. Football used to allow pitch invasions to allow a natural celebration. Now you get arrested. They have to play music so you cant hear the crowd and some player feels the need to bring his kid on with him. It's all about the players, not the fans these days. OK if that is what they want then fine, but with that comes the other side of the coin. The players dont deserve nowt, so they should get nowt. The way its done is cheesy and a bit rubbish really. Nothing like the days when it was about the fans deciding if they wanted to celebrate themselves. This set of players deserve to be "given the bird". The players deserve "the rotten tomato" treatment, not literally, but certainly sent down the tunnel with howls of derision ringing in their ears. They should all then sheepishly walk down the tunnel and take it like men. They have been sh!te, so no spin, lets call it how it is. Lap of honour, you have to be joking.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I can see Albion fans falling out with each other a week on Saturday. It was starting around me against Bournemouth, I couldn't go to Huddersfield but i can't believe it could have been great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here