Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

USA Bombed This Weekend

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
One thing I heard on the radio this morning, that does strike me as a bit odd, is that the Manhattan bomb detonated in a steel-enclosed, reinforced dumpster. Pretty good way of minimising casualties whilst still making a story...

I'm not suggesting any kind of conspiracy or whatever, just that it appears whoever did this didn't really seem that fussed about trying to kill anyone?!

More like a pensioner tutted at the littering,cursed the un-caring young idiot who left it,and chucked it in the skip!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
NY Mayor said it's not terrorist linked. You say it is. Who should I believe? mmmmmm

Don't worry, when they find out it was a pissed off white marine you'll soon lose interest.

Fallen on your sword yet? :lol:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
NY Mayor said it's not terrorist linked. You say it is. Who should I believe? mmmmmm

Don't worry, when they find out it was a pissed off white marine you'll soon lose interest.

The silence is deafening. Having a go at someone for jumping to conclusions by jumping to one yourself. Only difference is yours was wrong.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Why are the reporters saying this is a muslim terrorist when Rahami is quite clearly a white.....pissed up...marine...in disguise....?

It's so unfair !

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
should I be scared. I go to New York for the 1st time on Wednesday with the wife. I'm thinking I need to do a will. my 2 daughters now don't want us to go.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
should I be scared. I go to New York for the 1st time on Wednesday with the wife. I'm thinking I need to do a will. my 2 daughters now don't want us to go.

No. For a big city NYC is pretty safe. And people will even more vigilant at the moment. Go and enjoy yourself. And if you do feel anxious hit the bar I mentioned in the other thread. A couple of double IPAs in the Blind Tiger and you won't have a care in the world.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

IMO NYC is as safe as any other major city. I've lived in New York for 6 years and never felt unsafe.

The other thing worth remembering is that if people change their plans then the terrorists have won - they've made us think twice about doing something perfectly normal.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMO NYC is as safe as any other major city. I've lived in New York for 6 years and never felt unsafe.

The other thing worth remembering is that if people change their plans then the terrorists have won - they've made us think twice about doing something perfectly normal.

I have been watching the documentaries on Sunday nights (BBC2) on New York.

This week they covered the incredible transformation of Central Park, Harlem and Coney Island since the 70s. Properties in No-Go areas of Harlem which went for a few thousand dollars back then now go for Millions. Strangely enough it was the citizens of New York who made the changes as the authorities were broke!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
One thing I heard on the radio this morning, that does strike me as a bit odd, is that the Manhattan bomb detonated in a steel-enclosed, reinforced dumpster. Pretty good way of minimising casualties whilst still making a story...

I'm not suggesting any kind of conspiracy or whatever, just that it appears whoever did this didn't really seem that fussed about trying to kill anyone?!
It's possible that this was a trial run to see how the security services reacted.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Wait till they get their hands on an Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

92b07fd3826557dcf2d7180016e173d1.jpg

There will be an earth shattering Kaboom!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
When did I post about "conspiracy theories"? I'm confused.

Are you serious? Your opening post suggests there's going to be an attempt by "them" to cover up the attacks in America. Obviously it was entirely cretinous because by that stage it was already all over the media both in the US and UK, but no , mysterious dark forces are going to cover it up.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
According to CAN there were 136 mass shootings from January to June in the USA so far,I'm guessing (from memory of news reports) this is the 2nd one linked to IS IS, I'm not an Islamic apologist I just don't see why the hype about 2 out of 136 ,Islam is the most practiced religion in the world and the bigger picture is compared to the amount of Muslims to nut nut ratio it's 0.02 percent. Personally all religion is a joke and there's no way God exists but it doesn't make me fear or hate Muslims I have sympathy for everyone who gets their morality from an imaginary freind.

My imaginary fiend is much more powerful than your imaginary fiend.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here