Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arabic comedian thrown off flight

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Until a highly effective vetting process was put in place, yes.

You realise the US has a Sufi insurgent group listed on their terrorist list yes?

So we are going to work on a presumption of guilt until innocence as been proved?

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Until a highly effective vetting process was put in place, yes.

You realise the US has a Sufi insurgent group listed on their terrorist list yes?

So how are they going to work out if someone is a muslim or not? They don't have muslim written on the forehead or have their passports stamped as muslim do they! Or would it be everyone who looks like they could be a Muslim that ends up getting banned??!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So how are they going to work out if someone is a muslim or not? They don't have muslim written on the forehead or have their passports stamped as muslim do they! Or would it be everyone who looks like they could be a Muslim that ends up getting banned??!

Tattoo a number on their arm?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's a complete brickwall with Sunni Muslims the Aisha/Muhammad issue, the whole "thighing" of Aishia is also ignored and not talked about. You will get a lot of "Well.. it was just the period of time everyone did that then.." kind of answers from Muslims or "it was a special relationship"..

You would have thought that something so basic would have clicked for 21st Century Muslims but it has made them more desperate to make the Quran greater than it is.

I've been watching videos of them debating at Speakers Corner. Fascinating viewing.

https://youtu.be/3mWp8GgxN78

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You would have thought that something so basic would have clicked for 21st Century Muslims but it has made them more desperate to make the Quran greater than it is.

I've been watching videos of them debating at Speakers Corner. Fascinating viewing.

https://youtu.be/3mWp8GgxN78

That is human nature. When something we hold dear is attacked we tend to defend it more fiercely.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

You'd use the same process of fact finding that is used to determine if a refugee is who they say they are.

Trump said it would be targeted most directly at people coming from nations where Islam and extremism are both present.

If you're a Coptic Christian from Egypt I'd think it wouldn't be too difficult to prove that.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A fine victory for the extremists, they have succeeded in driving a wedge between Islam and the rest.

The wedge between Islam and the modern West already existed because we in the West believe generally in universal emancipation which is incompatible with huge parts of Islam. That is the cause of the wedge and events such as those you are describing are the effect.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
A fine victory for the extremists, they have succeeded in driving a wedge between Islam and the rest.

You make it sound like Islam has been compatible with western society for a long time and all of a sudden it's not.

It's an extreme right wing ideology. All extreme ideologies look to try and either assimilate or conquer through division.

How many other far right ideologies do you defend by the way?

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
You'd use the same process of fact finding that is used to determine if a refugee is who they say they are.

Trump said it would be targeted most directly at people coming from nations where Islam and extremism are both present.

If you're a Coptic Christian from Egypt I'd think it wouldn't be too difficult to prove that.

Well Britain is a country were Islam and extremism are both present as are most countries in central Europe, good luck US customs trying to work through all of those people to establish who are the Muslims and who are not!

Of course this would only be a temporary measure and the start of a more refined process where those that were identified as muslim could then be easily identified as potential terrorists, perhaps in a flow chart type of format......

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Well Britain is a country were Islam and extremism are both present as are most countries in central Europe, good luck US customs trying to work through all of those people to establish who are the Muslims and who are not!

You don't think other nations aren't looking at the UK already as a place to be on the look out for Islamic extremists to be coming from?

Of course this would only be a temporary measure and the start of a more refined process where those that were identified as muslim could then be easily identified as potential terrorists, perhaps in a flow chart format......

A nations first priority is to protect its citizens. If Muslims don't want to be viewed as a threat they need to start reforming that shitty right wing ideology of theirs so that it's able to be ridiculed and criticised like every other major religion.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Same with the KKK.

Doesn't mean their ideology and group think isn't warped or dangerous.

So I should be wary of brown skinned people because they might be Islamic extremists and white skinned people because they might be right wing racist extremists? What a way to live your life. Red under the bed, they walk among us!!!!!

Thankfully the stats don't back up such a stance so I shall continue to take people add I find them.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So I should be wary of brown skinned people because they might be Islamic extremists and white skinned people because they might be right wing racist extremists? What a way to live your life. Red under the bed, they walk among us!!!!!

Thankfully the stats don't back up such a stance so I shall continue to take people add I find them.

Maybe you should.

This just happened in Melbourne.

The alleged ISIL-inspired attack was foiled by authorities following raids that resulted in seven arrests, five of of which are still in custody.

Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Graham Ashton said those arrested were planning to attack the iconic Flinders Street railway station, Federation Square and St Paul's Cathedral on Christmas Day.

“This has been one of the most substantial terror plots that have been disrupted over the last several years," Turnbull said.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/33641439/several-arrested-during-terror-raids-across-melbourne/#page1

**** Islam.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

trouble with such sarcasm is it's funny until...it happens. Speak to any surviving anti-Nazis from the 1930s and report back :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was held by CBP in Minneapolis while in transit from Heathrow to Seattle for work. I was in line behind a couple with a small child in a pushchair, or "stroller" as the septics call them. I thought it was odd having to endure security scanning after disembarking a transatlantic flight where we had been subject to extra checks prior to boarding in London, but, it's America, so you have to go through it I thought. Then this pleb from TSA points to the toddler, who I believe was about 18 months old, and says, "You're going to have to take those shoes off". The parents are a bit gob smacked, and I can't keep my gob shut. "Mate, if he was a shoe bomber, I think he'd have detonated mid flight, not here". At this point the TSA guy speaks into his special agent badge, "We got a problem!"
Long story short, I miss my connection while a full check was done on me as I was held in immigration. I was warned as to my future conduct when entering the U.S.
Moral of the story, NEVER try joking with American officials, especially at airports. If someone is wearing a badge, they generally have a very low IQ, but can really mess up your day.

Yeah, got similar shit after making a careless quip travelling on the I 5S from Vancouver to Seattle in 84. The border boys don't get any less humourless with the passage of time . . . These days I call them all 'sir' (even the women).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here