Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Move On Up - Radio Reverb

In The Rough

Mar 20, 2007
Between The Sticks
But surely that is the point of being a radio presenter at Christmas. I don't mean the cheesey ones but some really good Jazz style ones like Jamie Cullum's latest effort would surely hit the mark

In The Rough

Mar 20, 2007
Between The Sticks
Jamie Cullum's Christmas song is a very good modernist jazz style Christmas song. Do you want a broad appeal to increase your listenership? Or what about a jazzy Michael Buble number? Me and my wife both think he is awfully good. I like Ska music a lot, there are some very good Ska christmas songs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is there anyway you can download this podcast to iTunes like the Roar show ?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Ahem, show please, [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION]

Me and our Trish want it to fight off the parade of office Christmas tunes tomorrow.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Recorded the show today, and played just that, some really good jazz - Miles Davis' 'So What'. :)

Nice :thumbsup:

Any plans for John Coltrane's - My Favourite Things? That would be 13 minutes of pure heaven!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ahem, show please, [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION]

Me and our Trish want it to fight off the parade of office Christmas tunes tomorrow.

Needs editing, but I'll do what I can.

Nice :thumbsup:

Any plans for John Coltrane's - My Favourite Things? That would be 13 minutes of pure heaven!

Can do. I didn't play all 9 mins of 'So What' - just the first five mins.

I think there's an entirely new show of 1959 jazz classics to be had here....

https://www.allaboutjazz.com/1959-t...in-jazz-various-artists-by-nathan-holaway.php

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
On air at 7pm this evening, featuring Miles Davis, The Specials, The Lambrettas, Booker T & The MGs and more...

Tune in to 97.2FM or www.radioreverb.com for your antidote to Christmas songs.

PLAY LOUD.

Seems like a mix up again. They seem to be airing your first show from last week.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ok thanks.

They seem to be a bit amateurish. Surely they're not competing with BBC Sussex???

No-one at Reverb gets paid aside from a part-time studio manager. In fact, we have to pay to go on the station. Everyone is responsible for uploading their own shows. It's just in this instance the fella said he'd do it for me and evidently didn't get round to it.

Lesson learned.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No-one at Reverb gets paid aside from a part-time studio manager. In fact, we have to pay to go on the station. Everyone is responsible for uploading their own shows. It's just in this instance the fella said he'd do it for me and evidently didn't get round to it.

Lesson learned.

Fair enough. Not for profit radio stations are superb in that it frees them from the dreaded playlist.

All power to your elbow and everyone else involved in the station.

There's nothing amateurish about your show btw. All going along nicely so far on the podcast :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work!

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Episode three is recorded and on air this Saturday at 7pm on Radio Reverb 97.2FM.

Plenty to get you moving on up if you're heading on out - The Who, Marvin Gaye, Bob Marley, Secret Affair, Frank Wilson, JoBoxers, Ellie Greenwich, Muddy Waters and much more.

Up as a podcast on Mixcloud soon.

MoveOnUpScooter.jpg

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Lesson learned.

Does Reverb have charitable status ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here