Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Season Ticket waiting list

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Baffles me why the club don't just shove people along to create pairs. Not rocket science and would help out a fair few

I was talking to my ST neighbour about this Tuesday evening as I am giving up 1 of 2 seats next season and he is giving up 1 of 4. We were surprised the club hadn't been in contact with both of us to shove along as in its current state there will now be 2 odd seats within the same 6. Madness as I cant see the single seats being snapped up as a ST and we would be happy to shove up !

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sorry for the confusion - it's that, yes.

Whether I buy another one or not depends on where the closest seat is relative to the two I already have. Presumably those who pass when they reach the top of the list have to join the bottom of the list again.

Wouldn't that mean an ever-increasing number of folk who are "top of the list" at any one time, all waiting for pretty specific seats?

I'll find out next week probably.

If you do find out, please post the answer on here as I would be interested to know.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Couple of years ago emailed Barber and suggested as there were 2 vacant seats in our row we should be all asked to move up one to create a pair. Received a reply ( only one page ) saying single tickets easy to sell. They may well be but only because no pairs available which would be better for supporters

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
I phoned the club earlier as my little brother didn't have a waiting list number on his account - and obviously he should have one being a YS Plus member...

Lady on the phone told me that currently there's 8,000 on the list, however, come three weeks, the people who have no renewed will be removed and forfeit their place.. therefore numbers on the list will be reallocated.

Wonder what the figures will be for next season then.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Couple of years ago emailed Barber and suggested as there were 2 vacant seats in our row we should be all asked to move up one to create a pair. Received a reply ( only one page ) saying single tickets easy to sell. They may well be but only because no pairs available which would be better for supporters

I buy a fair few single tickets, as do quite a few ST holders I know when friends or family come to visit and want to come along - you just nab the nearest single seat to you. I expect they serve their own purpose to a particular set of purchasers.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I phoned the club earlier as my little brother didn't have a waiting list number on his account - and obviously he should have one being a YS Plus member...

Lady on the phone told me that currently there's 8,000 on the list, however, come three weeks, the people who have no renewed will be removed and forfeit their place.. therefore numbers on the list will be reallocated.

Wonder what the figures will be for next season then.

It's an 'opt in' to be on the list. You get the membership, but you then have to apply to be on the ST waiting list.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I know of 2 on list that are only interested in Premier League. One had to make up his mind just after Leicester game and another just after Palace. As we lost these games both didnt buy ST.because staying up wasnt guaranteed. The longer it goes on before our fate is decided increases chance of available STs going to genuine fans

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I originally had 2 season tickets, went to 3. My Dad had 2 , went down to 1.

with seats in 3 different rows in WSU.

6 seasons on. I've finally managed to get all 4 of us remaining to sit in the same row (but with a 2 seat gap). Starts 18/19.

6 seasons !

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I was assuming they'd stay at the top until a seat(s) came up that they wanted? Maybe we should ask Paul.

Thanks for asking,
I'm pretty sure if you decline, you are demoted to the bottom as it stands, think this what they told me when I renewed my Bronze membership and did the optional join waiting list, at no. 7000 ish, ( tho I'm sure there are thousands who tick the join waiting list box that when there time comes round decide it's not feasible or something)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was talking to my ST neighbour about this Tuesday evening as I am giving up 1 of 2 seats next season and he is giving up 1 of 4. We were surprised the club hadn't been in contact with both of us to shove along as in its current state there will now be 2 odd seats within the same 6. Madness as I cant see the single seats being snapped up as a ST and we would be happy to shove up !

Fans instigate it. We liaised with a group of friendly s/t holders next to us, for a rejig (swapping of some seats) and we all moved along up to an aisle. I went to the club with details of the proposal and they were very efficient, arranging it there and then.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Completely forgot about this until I suddenly remembered earlier.

The closest seat to my own is 8 rows directly behind my existing pair. I'm tempted to take it, particularly given the ST exchange should give a decent chance of on-selling it, assuming we stay up.

Availability right now is:

E1A - 122
E1B - 27
E1C - 27
E1D - 36
E1E - 39
E1F - 118
E1G - 95
E1H - 0

E3A - 14
E3B - 43
E3C - 26
E3D - 20
E3E - 31
E3F - 55
E3G - 76
E3H - 10

N1A - 16
N1B - 7
N1C - 28
N1D - 43
N1E - 36
N1F - 53
N1G - 72
N1H - 75
N1I - 7

S1G - 145
S1H - 81
S1I - 15

W1A - 163
W1B - 127
W1C - 87
W1D - 1
W1F - 6
W1G - 63
W1H - 66
W1I - 168

W3A - 57
W3B - 41
W3C - 61
W3D - 29
W3F - 29
W3G - 35
W3H - 28
W3I - 19

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012

The closest seat to my own is 8 rows directly behind my existing pair. I'm tempted to take it, particularly given the ST exchange should give a decent chance of on-selling it, assuming we stay up.

E1A - 122
E1B - 27
E1C - 27
E1D - 36
E1E - 39
E1F - 118
E1G - 95
E1H - 0

E3A - 14
E3B - 43
E3C - 26
E3D - 20
E3E - 31
E3F - 55
E3G - 76
E3H - 10

N1A - 16
N1B - 7
N1C - 28
N1D - 43
N1E - 36
N1F - 53
N1G - 72
N1H - 75
N1I - 7

S1G - 145
S1H - 81
S1I - 15

W1A - 163
W1B - 127
W1C - 87
W1D - 1
W1F - 6
W1G - 63
W1H - 66
W1I - 168

W3A - 57
W3B - 41
W3C - 61
W3D - 29
W3F - 29
W3G - 35
W3H - 28
W3I - 19

Is this remaining in the stadium in total or remaining available for season tickets? Quick add up in my head says c2,300 remaining?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is this remaining in the stadium in total or remaining available for season tickets? Quick add up in my head says c2,300 remaining?

The former, I guess. All are available to be chosen as a new season ticket, but the number of people able to choose would be well below the number of seats. This means seats will remain for match-to-match sales.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Interesting about our area W1A. A few seasons ago they tried to move the season ticket holders away as they wanted it for match day tickets. It's was always an area of a few season tickets holders but mainly match day ticket holders. Reason sited was they wanted families in the area and that might ruin our experience! Over the seasons we had become friendly with many of the other season tickets holders and declined their suggestion as did others. Now get a mix of match day people, not especially families, quite like it, especially as many leave early so get a better view. I do hope they vet any potential new season ticket holders so we don't get any of the riff raff in our area!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

E1A - 122
E1B - 27
E1C - 27
E1D - 36
E1E - 39
E1F - 118
E1G - 95
E1H - 0

E3A - 14
E3B - 43
E3C - 26
E3D - 20
E3E - 31
E3F - 55
E3G - 76
E3H - 10

N1A - 16
N1B - 7
N1C - 28
N1D - 43
N1E - 36
N1F - 53
N1G - 72
N1H - 75
N1I - 7

S1G - 145
S1H - 81
S1I - 15

W1A - 163
W1B - 127
W1C - 87
W1D - 1
W1F - 6
W1G - 63
W1H - 66
W1I - 168

W3A - 57
W3B - 41
W3C - 61
W3D - 29
W3F - 29
W3G - 35
W3H - 28
W3I - 19
My record with the new Ticket Exchange for a single seat in central WSU :

Listed 1 : Failed to sell 1

Not sure the exchange is the solve all solution that could have been hoped for, but maybe my attempt at using it was a blip.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My record with the new Ticket Exchange for a single seat in central WSU :

Listed 1 : Failed to sell 1

Not sure the exchange is the solve all solution that could have been hoped for, but maybe my attempt at using it was a blip.

Interestingly I put my spare ticket for Spurs on there, although very late.

I checked tickets for sale immediately and it was available.

I then checked a few hours later and it wasn't. "That's good" I thought.

Come the evening of the game, the seat was empty and I got an email a few days later telling me it hadn't sold. I'm not surprised it didn't sell if it wasn't being shown as available to people...

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Interestingly I put my spare ticket for Spurs on there, although very late.

I checked tickets for sale immediately and it was available.

I then checked a few hours later and it wasn't. "That's good" I thought.

Come the evening of the game, the seat was empty and I got an email a few days later telling me it hadn't sold. I'm not surprised it didn't sell if it wasn't being shown as available to people...

I have often go on the ticket site to see what's available, put a few in my basket (where they stay for 20mins) then contacted family/friends to see if they want them, if not I empty the basket. I think this happens a lot as I often see seats disappear then become available again. Guess this could have happened.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not surprised as sure many on list only interested in Premier League and as yet not guaranteed. If Stoke and Southampton win there next games sure it could get to 3000 on list before the 800 are sold.
I see posts like this a lot has our season ended early?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

You seem to be accumulating seats. If you don't really need them and are just buying so you can put them on the exchange, then perhaps you should decline and give somebody else the opportunity to use it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here