Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Was reasonably sure we’d lose this given their form has picked up while ours has dipped. Surprised at conceding three though that’s poor

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
Only 10 teams have conceded less than us but only three teams have scored less than us.

It's our lack of goals and in particular our lack of clinical finishing that is our problem.

Who is our top scorer this season by a considerable mile? Imagine how relegated we would already be without him.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
A vast improvement 2nd half but unfortunately the damage had been done. We missed Propper so much that CH must have looked and realised, if he didnt know, that a cover for him next season is vital. Also good to see CH make positive substitutions to try to rescue the game. Final point all on Final Score saying that the win today has virtually sealed Huddersfield staying up which is good for us as they are behind us on goal difference,.

But will they still be come 13 May !

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Who is our top scorer this season by a considerable mile? Imagine how relegated we would already be without him.

Exactly, our problem next season will be scoring,
can't see Locadia scoring 10 or 11 on what I have seen so far.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Was reasonably sure we’d lose this given their form has picked up while ours has dipped. Surprised at conceding three though that’s poor

What made it worse was that they didn't have to work that hard for the win. We pretty much gifted them three goals. We came back into it second half but never looked convincing. CH needs to somehow create a side that's more than the sum of its parts to have a realistic chance over the last 5 games.

We don't create that many chances to be fair. . I'm wondering how we compare in terms of our conversion rate. I would imagine it's fairly high. If we are, able to get a couple of very fit, pacy and skilfull midfielders for next season that could change the dynamics.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Didn’t see today but a feature of the season is the lack of control the central midfielders exert - we need better options there

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
No one said it was gonna be easy. Keep the faith.

Exactly. If I didn't know better all this doom and gloom would make me think we were in the bottom 3. It's just another game, so let's move on and we didn't disgrace ourselves IMO.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
True. A key area to address this summer should we stay up.
This in spades.. We need the central midfield to be pressing the opposition, venturing into the opposing half, breaking down the opposition attack and not giving away free kicks in very dangerous positions. This is where games are won

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly. If I didn't know better all this doom and gloom would make me think we were in the bottom 3. It's just another game, so let's move on and we didn't disgrace ourselves IMO.

Not doom and gloom for me. Always made PL established Palace with their expensive squad and home advantage, massive favourites, as did the bookies. So it panned out with zero points, so don't feel deflated. A result would have been a pleasant bonus. The same for the remaining matches ... we go into each big underdogs, so let's see if CH can the defence to work again and grab a shock point or two. We should still stay up, because there'e some crap below us. Should we drop, fair do's to any of those clubs in overtaking us.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world

Some of it's doom and gloom, for sure, but it's largely just being realistic. We have a very tough run-in.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Why was Locadia taken off at half time, he should have been upfront not on the ****ing wing.

Agreed. We have to play him. He has just as good scoring hunger as anyone, and that's why we bought him!! I know Murray scored but give Locadia some chance by playing him!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here