Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huddersfield Town

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
With 39 pts the minimum target, 42 possibly needed

The next five Huddersfield (30) games are crucial. Before the break against relegation candidates:

Swansea (H)
Palace (H)

After the break

Newcastle (A)
Brighton (A)
Watford (H)

then

Chelsea (A)
Everton (H)
Man C (A)

finally

Arsenal (H)

Gives them a sporting chance.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Personally, I hope they survive, as long as it's not at our expense.

I'm quite enjoying all the moaners on social media platforms labelling this as "the worst ever Premier League" simply because it's got the likes of Huddersfield and Brighton in it.

My ideal three candidates for the drop would be WBA; Stoke and Palace. However, I believe that one of those spots may be reserved for Saints this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’d like to see all three promoted teams stay up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Since Palace were guaranteed three points in the last game of the season. The demise of WBA means an extra point is needed.
I agree that those points are virtually guaranteed for Palace, but what about West Ham, SCC, and Newcastle - will they all get at least 38 points?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think Huddersfield have it in them to get the handful of wins they'll need. The way they play is difficult to sustain over a prolonged period but when they really commit to a performance they can smother the opposition (as we found to our cost at the JS).

I fancy them to beat Palace at home. It's a tough place to play.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Personally, I hope they survive, as long as it's not at our expense.

I'm quite enjoying all the moaners on social media platforms labelling this as "the worst ever Premier League" simply because it's got the likes of Huddersfield and Brighton in it.

My ideal three candidates for the drop would be WBA; Stoke and Palace. However, I believe that one of those spots may be reserved for Saints this season.

I may well be wrong, and of course still too early to tell, but l have a sneaky feeling that Palace will survive, as much as it hurts me to say it I thought they were magnificent last night until they ran out of steam towards the end. They will soon have Zaha back, and he makes such a difference for them.

I too think Southampton could be in trouble, their next few fixtures l wouldn't wish on anybody!"

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I may well be wrong, and of course still too early to tell, but l have a sneaky feeling that Palace will survive, as much as it hurts me to say it I thought they were magnificent last night until they ran out of steam towards the end. They will soon have Zaha back, and he makes such a difference for them.

I too think Southampton could be in trouble, their next few fixtures l wouldn't wish on anybody!"

They were good in patches but certainly not magnificent. United were bloody woeful 1st half. Palace defence was once again shit and cost them some points.
But i agree they will stay up

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Southampton have got 6 out of 9 away from home and their 3 at home include Chelsea and Man City. So they only have a single winnable home game (against Bournemouth). That means they're going to have to win a couple of away games, which is very hard for any team near the bottom to do. I think they are on the way out.

If they get Austin back soon they stand a reasonable chance of staying up. He is the key.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Me too.

Although I can’t stand Wagner, he has done an excellent job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s a character, an annoying one admittedly, but still a character. Football needs people like him imo

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
If and it's a big if we were to get two wins against Everton and Leicester , we would be on the magical 40 points which most agree makes you safe.

We surely wouldnt consider playing a weakened side against Huddersfield to aide them in their fight against the drop with Palace , would we ? ;)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They were good in patches but certainly not magnificent.
Even that's generous. It was only once it was 2-2 that Palace were playing, and it was 50/50 against a good side who were also up for it by then.
United were bloody woeful 1st half
It's impossible to overstate this. Pogba looked like he was coming out of a coma. And even though Utd were awful, they were still the better team after the first 10 minutes.

But i agree they will stay up
Indeed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As fans we should have one eye on survival next season, and no disrespect to Huddersfield but I'd much rather be competing against them than, say, a Saints team that will surely appoint a better manager over the summer?

Similarly, I'd like Stoke to survive, Shaqiri to leave in the summer and then they'll be in the sh1t with Lambert next season.

So that's Huddersfield, Stoke, Cardiff to get relegated at the end of 2018/19.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here