Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
That's most definitely cold. I cannot recall a colder temp in all my time in the area. Brrrrr

Don't know how accurate Car Thermometers are but I had an early Dental Appointment in Pulborough and it indicated minus 6 degrees on the way over there at around 8AM.

Not all sure about my trip over to Peacehaven for work tomorrow morning, I think I'll have a talk with the Client later on today!

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Seems the forecast keeps changing giving us less and less chance on snow Thursday and Friday down here. Any chance its likely to change back in favour of more snow or is it done and only slightly dusted??

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Its a Blizzard on the Lizard :lolol:

my wife is really struggling at the moment, picked up one daughter from Penryn and one from Constantine and now inching her way home to Porkellis. I'm slightly concerned she's not going to make it...

Ask her to stop off at Ann's Pasties on the way home. :thumbsup:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Seems the forecast keeps changing giving us less and less chance on snow Thursday and Friday down here. Any chance its likely to change back in favour of more snow or is it done and only slightly dusted??

All the models still show some snow here Thurs and Friday. It's the fine detail that needs to be confirmed, plus just when the milder air reaches the south coast.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Romford Dogs in a blizzard, 1 foot of snow there. I think this spell her anyway will be remembered for the cold for a few days and nights and not the snow. It has been very disappointing here when you see what other places have had, barely half an inch lying in the shade

Be fair Unc, we have had a few days of genuine cold and a bit of snow, including waking up to snow yesterday and continued snow throughout the morning, woke up today again to another slight covering not bad for the end of February even you must admit that.

I have just drove over Woodingdean and down to Falmer and it's a great sight to see the downs in the snow and it was clear that Patcham way got a decent covering, we might even have some snow tomorrow and cold continuing till Sunday if we are lucky, so cheer up.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Still snowing in Camden NW1, has been most of the morning. Some real whiteout conditions for a while, massive flakes. Not seen it that thick in the UK since the Saturday afternoon home in Leighton Buzzard back in 2010.

Saying that, hope that's it and spring can then get going (I fear not though..)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Don't know how accurate Car Thermometers are but I had an early Dental Appointment in Pulborough and it indicated minus 6 degrees on the way over there at around 8AM.

Not all sure about my trip over to Peacehaven for work tomorrow morning, I think I'll have a talk with the Client later on today!
-6 for me first thing in the car at 6.45 in Worthing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Am I the only one who hates snow & cold, bloody hate it.
Lovely if you have kids, not self employed and have to work outside or travel to a job, have an understanding boss/ company and you are not old and frail....other than that...

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All the models still show some snow here Thurs and Friday. It's the fine detail that needs to be confirmed, plus just when the milder air reaches the south coast.

Temperatures vary so much. We love high up in north Brighton, where in cold spells we can be several degrees C colder than Brighton & Hove at sea level by the relatively mild channel. As a result very often we have several inches of settled snow, whereas down in the town and seafront it's just sleeting.

The met office are forecasting us to remain sub zero day and night, until mid Saturday morning:

IMG_2430.PNG

Am I the only one who hates snow & cold, bloody hate it.

Hate it myself.

Country grinds to a halt, we lose money as can't move freight around, I end up all on my own in the office because workshy lazy tossers can't bring themselves to get in to work.

But, as I can't stop it I do make the most of it with the grandchildren.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here