Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] QPR Ruling

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
As expected QPR fans are not impressed or happy at all. Their Uncle Tony buggered up and they blame every one else.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Interesting where this goes now for them.

One thing for sure is that they won't be paying that sort of money. I suspect it'll drag on another 3 years before they agree some undisclosed and probably token compromise.

Still not really sure where the money go's. Last I heard it was charity but with FL clubs, particulalry those in lower leagues I would have thought some divi up would be more appropriate

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So how come QPR are getting clobbered for £58m, whilst Bournemouth were fined £7.6m for doing the same thing ? ???

Is it because QPR are back in the FL ? Or weren't they plucky enough ? Seems a bit unfair.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Until April 2017, Paul Barber sat on the panel which sought to ensure QPR paid their dues as a result of breaking the FFP rules. He was also pushing to ensure the same thing would happen to Bournemouth and Leicester once they get relegated.

He doesn't sit on that FL panel now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
QPR are on their last season of parachute payments, so they really could be stuffed now.

I have a vague recollection of reading that their debts are c£250m. Unless that's to a benefactor who doesn't want it back, where are they going to go from here? Just "do a Palace" I suppose...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Well, that article from a couple of years ago suggests it'll be more like an £8m fine, but the latest report today suggests the panel doesn't feel that a £58m fine is disproportionate, so one completely contradicts the earlier one.

I don't see how the fine can possibly be £50m+ now though, when the precedence has already been set to fine the cheats around £8m.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well, that article from a couple of years ago suggests it'll be more like an £8m fine, but the latest report today suggests the panel doesn't feel that a £58m fine is disproportionate, so one completely contradicts the earlier one.

I don't see how the fine can possibly be £50m+ now though, when the precedence has already been set to fine the cheats around £8m.

It may well be more down to the £60m they tried to transfer to shares as 'income'. The FL wasn't having any of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here