Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vandalism, Preston Rockery

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Things like this show that it's easier to destroy than it is to create.

Keep your chin up, Jevs. Hope that you and the other volunteers and workers create something that's even better instead.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What is it with the elderly that they think this never used to happen. It's not a sign of the times, it's a sign of all times. Sometimes people act like tossers and hard working dedicated people like Jez and his volunteers get shat on, but it's nothing new. Wankers, sadly are timeless.

It happened but I may be wrong but to my mind respect for people and their property has gone down hill in recent times. In my younger days it wasnt mindless damage but scrumping and when leaving the Rose Wilmot Youth centre changing the iron gates at the front of peoples houses . Most people had the iron gates that slipped over a bracket so they found a white gate with their black one in the morning and had to go and change it with next door who had the other way around. In comparison quite mischeavious but a harmless annoysnce.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Sorry jevs...........my other half does volunteer work in Kent countryside and so I know how disheartening it
is when you slog your guts out in all weathers to find that some wan*ers have ruined it.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
That's totally ruined my weekend as well as yours. We won't let these twats beat us. I'll come and see you tomorrow morning. Have the kettle ready.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It happened but I may be wrong but to my mind respect for people and their property has gone down hill in recent times. In my younger days it wasnt mindless damage but scrumping and when leaving the Rose Wilmot Youth centre changing the iron gates at the front of peoples houses . Most people had the iron gates that slipped over a bracket so they found a white gate with their black one in the morning and had to go and change it with next door who had the other way around. In comparison quite mischeavious but a harmless annoysnce.

You say harmless annoysnce (sic) but it was still an inconvenience to the people who lived at the houses, and how do you know it didn't cause any damage? [MENTION=481]Voroshilov[/MENTION] is right, some people have acted like tossers since time began and always will.

[MENTION=2019]jevs[/MENTION] sorry to hear about the damage, hope they find the culprits, haven't visited the Rockery for many years but have fond memories of my visits there when a kid, taken by my Grandad who lived just up the road from there.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
jevs - sorry to see the damage, there are just too many fruit-loops and scum-bags in the world just now. Hope they find the barstewards.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
jevs - sorry to see the damage, there are just too many fruit-loops and scum-bags in the world just now. Hope they find the barstewards.

Exactly. I have a photo taken there of my parents in the 70s. Lovely spot. Whilst I accept that some folk have behaved badly over time, I cannot help feeling that this type of mindless vandalism is very much a modern phenomenon in its scale.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I realise that people with very small penises that don't work very well probably get very angry at times, but that's no excuse for this sort of behaviour!

If you're insuating that I had something to do with it, I didn't.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Had a walk round the Rockery a few weeks back for the first time in over a decade. A really brilliant feature of the city and I have many fond memories of going there as a kid. Utterly dickish to ruin a public space maintained by volunteers. I hope they don't get away with it and that you keep up your brilliant work.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here