Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Montoya

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I honestly tried but I couldn't find one positive comment on twitter for Montoya.....

If this is to be completed, it would be the worst thing in an otherwise stellar recruitment campaign for Fulham, the boy just flat out does not know how to play football, really really over hyped awful player.

I remember him at Barcelona, what a flop. There was a game when Thiago & Xavi flat out refused to pass to him, even when he was the only player available to receive a pass. They'd rather lose the ball than pass to him.

I think there is a consensus between most Valencia fans that Martín Montoya is the weak spot. A new right back is well needed.

Martin Montoya had a total nightmare yesterday. Gave away two penalties, and weak defending in Marcelo’s goal. Valencia should invest in a new rightback if they qualify for the UCL next season. First priority should still be signing Kondogbia and Guedes permanently though.

We can't even offer Martin Montoya as a sacrifice this time ffs https://t.co/FdsDo0zMdI

Very bad. Martin Montoya makes me wish Antonio Barragan and Joao Cancelo was still on the squad.

Much-needed signing for valencia. Right back was a huge weak point last season, Martin Montoya was error prone and Ruben Vezo could only offer anything on the defensive end of things when played out of position. https://t.co/rbViy1qcOI

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I'm not convinced about this, I can't find one credible source. Am holding my breath.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
Man city aren't too far off . If one of our players gave away two pens in a game against them we wouldn't be best pleased

If one of our players made two penalties, converted them and then scored a goal after taking it round every player on the field, you'd still be miserable.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Dwayne not happy with potential signing? Well that is an incredible shock.
I loved the propper (even when people were slagging propper off) and izquerdo signings last season. Last season felt more like quality over quantity.

This season feels a bit more Huddersfield scatter gun approach

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I honestly tried but I couldn't find one positive comment on twitter for Montoya.....

If this is to be completed, it would be the worst thing in an otherwise stellar recruitment campaign for Fulham, the boy just flat out does not know how to play football, really really over hyped awful player.

I remember him at Barcelona, what a flop. There was a game when Thiago & Xavi flat out refused to pass to him, even when he was the only player available to receive a pass. They'd rather lose the ball than pass to him.

I think there is a consensus between most Valencia fans that Martín Montoya is the weak spot. A new right back is well needed.

Martin Montoya had a total nightmare yesterday. Gave away two penalties, and weak defending in Marcelo’s goal. Valencia should invest in a new rightback if they qualify for the UCL next season. First priority should still be signing Kondogbia and Guedes permanently though.

We can't even offer Martin Montoya as a sacrifice this time ffs https://t.co/FdsDo0zMdI

Very bad. Martin Montoya makes me wish Antonio Barragan and Joao Cancelo was still on the squad.

Much-needed signing for valencia. Right back was a huge weak point last season, Martin Montoya was error prone and Ruben Vezo could only offer anything on the defensive end of things when played out of position. https://t.co/rbViy1qcOI

Problem is you have previous

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We are Brighton trying to drum up some more traffic posting on the BBC deadline day feed

Still no sign of that much needed striker, but it looks as though Brighton could have a new right-back.

Reports from Spain suggest that Valencia's Martin Montoya is going to turn down Fulham to move to the Amex.

We're already quite well stocked at right-back, but a player of Montoya's quality would be a definite upgrade. Ezequiel Schelotto is great at crosses but his defending leaves a lot to be desired and the genetic jackhammer Bruno may be handing out a pummelling to Father Time currently, but surely age is going to catch up with him as he quickly approaches his 40s.

Scott McCarthy, WeAreBrighton.com

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I loved the propper (even when people were slagging propper off) and izquerdo signings last season. Last season felt more like quality over quantity.

It's about depth this season, no?

We've picked up some quality in Bissouma and Jahanbaksh (think I got that right) and, hopefully, Andone. The rest is about depth and giving us options as the season wears on and legs start to get tired.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

Slightly agree. Slightly.

Let's see how we end up at 5pm.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Two of our bigger signings were Andone and Jahanbakhsh. Long term targets. The only one of our other signings that perhaps doesn't 'fit' the Albion pattern is possibly Burn from Wigan. The others are mostly young players who are great prospects with the exception of Bissouma who can enhance an already good reputation.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
How about signing Juan Pablo Montoya-park up the bus.

jpm.png

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’m just going to remind myself that our beloved El Capitán, Bruno, was only a bit part player for Valencia, averaging less than 20 appearances per season, and we’ve all seen how good he is. Valencia and Barcelona fans have incredibly high standards, Montoya was back up to Dani Alves, talk about big shoes to fill. We don’t need Montoya to be sensational, we need a fairly solid player who can cope with 38 games and isn’t as loose as the Greyhound. If he does join us I’m sure he’ll do just fine.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

We've picked up some quality in Bissouma and Jahanbaksh (think I got that right) and, hopefully, Andone. The rest is about depth and giving us options as the season wears on and legs start to get tired.

Bernardo looks bloody good as well.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

or two things we were bloody lucky with last season - injuries and suspensions

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Sky Sports News' rolling index are still reporting that Fulham are in talks. Old information or are they more in the know?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Two of our bigger signings were Andone and Jahanbakhsh. Long term targets. The only one of our other signings that perhaps doesn't 'fit' the Albion pattern is possibly Burn from Wigan. The others are mostly young players who are great prospects with the exception of Bissouma who can enhance an already good reputation.

Plus two goalies to replace the two we’ve lost ..i’d say it’s been quite a focused transfer window

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here