Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
According to a report from German media outlet Bild, Brighton are interested in signing RB Leipzig defender Bernardo Fernandes da Silva.
The Brazilian is a left-back by trade.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/21/report-brighton-preparing-summer-bid-for-rb-leipzig-defender-ber/

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/rb-leipzig/wettbieten-um-bernardo-56074708.bild.html
Played 20+ games at defensive midfield as well.

This is our alternative to Paddy McNair, I guess.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Ezequiel Schelotto
Meeting expected to take place in coming days to negotiate Brighton defender’s new deal

"TuttoMercatoWeb state the new contract should keep him at Brighton ‘probably until 2020’, which is a bit strange when he originally signed a three-year contract on arrival last summer, which means he’s already contracted until then.
It could very well be that instead of ‘extending’ the deal, Brighton are just happy to give him a bit more money."

http://sportwitness.co.uk/meeting-expected-take-place-coming-days-negotiate-brighton-defenders-new-deal/

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ezequiel Schelotto
Meeting expected to take place in coming days to negotiate Brighton defender’s new deal

"TuttoMercatoWeb state the new contract should keep him at Brighton ‘probably until 2020’, which is a bit strange when he originally signed a three-year contract on arrival last summer, which means he’s already contracted until then.
It could very well be that instead of ‘extending’ the deal, Brighton are just happy to give him a bit more money."

http://sportwitness.co.uk/meeting-expected-take-place-coming-days-negotiate-brighton-defenders-new-deal/

Really? He had his moments, but he wasn't that good....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
" wasn't " - has something happened to him ?

I am referring to the past season, which has ended. I'm not precluding the possibility that he might be brilliant every game next time, fresh start etc.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not really, Murray practically is a home grown player. He's English, grew up here, played football here his whole life, except for a few months in the US one season. Maybe I've got that slightly wrong, but as far as I remember that's the gist of it.

I don't think clubs will be able to appeal players who don't turn up in England until they're in they're proven professionals.

I was talking about using up 2nd and 3rd choice keepers just to take up 2 of the places.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Latest on SSN: "Fulham in talks with Brighton about goalkeeper Tim Krul......". WTF is there to talk about?

If you had two clubs saying they can over you £1K a week more than the other, you'd keep talking, and don't pretend you wouldn't.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm totally confused as to the reason why Murray is not a HGP.

He spent some time as a kid learning football in the US

As per the September and February PL squad listings, in order to qualify as an HGP you have to have been registered with any club (or clubs) affiliated to the FA or the FA of Wales for a period (continuous or not) of 36 months prior to your 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which you turn 21). [I believe this 36-month period only applies from the age of 16 onwards, although the squad listings do not explicitly state that].

Glenn Murray spent some time in the States playing for Wilmington Hammerheads when he was a teenager - Wikipedia states that he spent one year out there, but Wikipedia is wrong, as Murray stated in an interview last season that "..I liked it so much I spent three seasons over there".

Anyway, I believe this is now a moot point, as a poster on NSC has revealed that Albion have appealed to the Premier League about Murray's status and he is now regarded as meeting the HGP criteria.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Latest on SSN: "Fulham in talks with Brighton about goalkeeper Tim Krul......". WTF is there to talk about?

If you had two clubs saying they can over you £1K a week more than the other, you'd keep talking, and don't pretend you wouldn't.
[MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] is correct - there is no reason for Fulham to be talking with Brighton, as Krul is a free agent.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here