Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] The Last Jedi - Full Trailer Released Today

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As they had completed shooting before Carrie Fisher passed away AND they had planned for Leia to be central to episode 9, that would require a re-write and a change to the end of this film to accommodate that. I hope they don't do it off-screen between films, and I trust them to NOT do that.

I've now seen the trailer, and it's very good, with one bit which looks pretty spoilery to me.

The way it's put together is in the whole designed to mis-direct us into believing certain things occur, but in terms of the juxtaposition of dialogue / images and simply the order in which specific visual elements are ordered. In some way that's slightly irksome, as IF they're all misdirects it points to the true nature of each - I hope some are double bluffs.

It's what keeps all the fans hooked, new and old, cannot be ignored!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
they had planned for Leia to be central to episode 9
Didn't know that :(

that would require a re-write and a change to the end of this film to accommodate that. I hope they don't do it off-screen between films, and I trust them to NOT do that.
It could be easiest for her to be in a spaceship that blows up :(

I've now seen the trailer, and it's very good, with one bit which looks pretty spoilery to me.
Does it involve Rey?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
As they had completed shooting before Carrie Fisher passed away AND they had planned for Leia to be central to episode 9, that would require a re-write and a change to the end of this film to accommodate that. I hope they don't do it off-screen between films, and I trust them to NOT do that.
I'm fairly sure that they have stated that they will be using material already shot to enable Leia to be in Episode 9.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm fairly sure that they have stated that they will be using material already shot to enable Leia to be in Episode 9.
Oo, I like this. Could you check please?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

Could they do this with graphics? Peter Cushing (and a cameo by Fisher herself) in Rogue 1 were very lifelike and believable.

Anyway that trailer was good, but nowhere as good as the one 2 years ago. Grown men squealed and one may have wet himself in the cinema I was in when the Falcon shot onto the screen in that trailer (I was one of them...!)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Could they do this with graphics? Peter Cushing (and a cameo by Fisher herself) in Rogue 1 were very lifelike and believable.

Anyway that trailer was good, but nowhere as good as the one 2 years ago. Grown men squealed and one may have wet himself in the cinema I was in when the Falcon shot onto the screen in that trailer (I was one of them...!)

I was talking to someone about TFA after we'd both seen it and he had no idea that Cushing was dead / CGI'd in the film.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

In the link above (posted after you were posting) they say no CG will be used.

Agree about the trailer though - maybe it's the lack of Han that's doing it (although I'm sticking by my theory about him returning :) )

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I was talking to someone about TFA after we'd both seen it and he had no idea that Cushing was dead / CGI'd in the film.
He wasn't - it was Rogue One :) It was CG on top of the actor who plays Henrik Larssen in Casualty or Holby City whichever it is iirc.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Because they're both black. Give me strength.

Probably a bit more to the rumours than skin colour alone, but if that's the conclusion you want to jump to then fill your boots.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think Snokes will kill Leia, that's how they'll write her out and how he will regain his full power. Just a hunch.
From the trailer it looked as if KR was contemplating killing her. I mean that was clearly signposted so probably not what actually happens, but still....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here