Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale to West Ham rumour

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Disagree entirely.

Not doing everything possible to have him sign a new contract would be utterly insane.

He is one of those players that just seem to embody the kind of club we are. Not to mention he's kept an insane amount of clean sheets this season.

Has to stay and I will be devastated if he goes.

Reckon hes too smart to go to a shitty , soulless ,club owned by spivs for just money !

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Stockdale re-tweeted a tweet last week that linked him with #WHU.
The Tweet said the Championship's best goal keeper available on a free was a no-brainer

And if you were his agent, wouldn't you do the same, ahead of contract negotiations? Standard stuff nowadays :yawn::yawn::yawn:

Mar 2, 2014
I like Stockdale but think he is the most replaceable of our side. Few decent PL keepers have contracts expiring. I'd much rather keep him than not but if the choice was between keeping Stephens or Stockdale it would be Stephens all day.
I always like your posts but we disagree on this one. Personally, I think Stockdale is good enough unless we have better lined up to come in but I think the fewer disruptions the better overall.

Investment needed in attack as first priority for me personally, if we started the season with our current defenders all fit and available I'd be very comfortable.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I always like your posts but we disagree on this one. Personally, I think Stockdale is good enough unless we have better lined up to come in but I think the fewer disruptions the better overall.

Investment needed in attack as first priority for me personally, if we started the season with our current defenders all fit and available I'd be very comfortable.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying he isn't good enough or we should be looking for an upgrade. Just that of our current batch of 'key players' his position is probably the 'easiest' one to replace. Adrian from West Ham for example is out of contract and wouldn't be a downgrade. I think he'll stick around (as I now do with Stephens as well) but I just get slightly less concerned when I hear about Stockdale moving on. I wonder if the club feel the same given the rumours of us only offering a one year contract.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Disagree entirely.

Not doing everything possible to have him sign a new contract would be utterly insane.

He is one of those players that just seem to embody the kind of club we are. Not to mention he's kept an insane amount of clean sheets this season.

Has to stay and I will be devastated if he goes.

This with all the bells on.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
This is going to happen all the time now.

We've been promoted and will probably be champions with a team lacking in stars.

Every premiership club will be looking at our players and their contract status. All sorts of money offers will be chucked at them and players don't have the same club loyalty as fans.

I think this is where Paul Barber will really need to earn his corn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is going to happen all the time now.

All the time? There may well be a few enquiries but I can't see tons of clubs making overtures to our players. As you say, this is a team lacking in stars and which players would attract the bids?

The biggest star is Knockaert, but seeing we turned down £10m for him last summer (when we were losing money) what's it going to take to capture him when we're flush with cash (particularly when he has just won Champ player of the season and signed a new contract)? £20m? £30m? Can't see any clubs paying that

Clearly, until they sign new contracts, Stephens and Stockdale are sitting targets and I'm sure the club is working on keeping them. As for that tweet, my guess is that DS retweeted it because it said he was the best goalie in the Championship and he deleted it when he realised that it could be interpreted to mean he was going to West Ham.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
All the time? There may well be a few enquiries but I can't see tons of clubs making overtures to our players. As you say, this is a team lacking in stars and which players would attract the bids?

The biggest star is Knockaert, but seeing we turned down £10m for him last summer (when we were losing money) what's it going to take to capture him when we're flush with cash (particularly when he has just won Champ player of the season and signed a new contract)? £20m? £30m? Can't see any clubs paying that

Clearly, until they sign new contracts, Stephens and Stockdale are sitting targets and I'm sure the club is working on keeping them. As for that tweet, my guess is that DS retweeted it because it said he was the best goalie in the Championship and he deleted it when he realised that it could be interpreted to mean he was going to West Ham.

This with bells on. I can't believe it's taken to the 27th post to get to this!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick

This is the only comment worth reading on this thread. A bit of common sense and this thread is put to bed

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
All As for that tweet, my guess is that DS retweeted it because it said he was the best goalie in the Championship and he deleted it when he realised that it could be interpreted to mean he was going to West Ham.

That's they way I saw it.

Our current defence and keeper situation is as good as any in the bottom half of the Premier League, so to let this drag on would be foolish. I expect positive news soon.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Stockdale, Dunk, Duffy, Stephens is the central rock on which our Premier League team should be built.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Sadly there is no longer any player loyalty in the game now. Sky has made sure of that. With very few exceptions, players will go play for whichever club offers them the most £££. That's just the bottom line.

Even in the Championship; look at that **** Pritchard. Could have come to us with our great stadium, world class academy and training facilities, in a fantastic area with the Downs, the sea, the city, an exceptional manager, a Chairman who is a lifelong fan and superb, quality team-mates. And he decided to go to Norwich. It's all down to the ££££.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The Moose is peddling this one!

The Moose is mates with Stockdale, or so he claims.
The Moose is a West Ham fan, and 80% of his stories are about West Ham.

I guess he was bound to spout this at some point, but certainly doesn't make it anywhere near true.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Sadly there is no longer any player loyalty in the game now. Sky has made sure of that. With very few exceptions, players will go play for whichever club offers them the most £££. That's just the bottom line.

Even in the Championship; look at that **** Pritchard. Could have come to us with our great stadium, world class academy and training facilities, in a fantastic area with the Downs, the sea, the city, an exceptional manager, a Chairman who is a lifelong fan and superb, quality team-mates. And he decided to go to Norwich. It's all down to the ££££.

Whilst I don't disagree that Pritchard went for money, Norfolk is a lovely place, if a little annoying to get to, and Norwich as a club are very similar to our own - high % of gates are loyal ST holders, consistent capacity/near capacity crowds, great facilities, community driven, fans for owners, sensible financially. The only difference is they've had a little success as we have suffered.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd like Stockdale to stay, if he wants to go to West Ham we should wave him goodbye at season's end and concentrate our energies and funds on players who buy into BHA. Don't think we should try and keep players who want out now we are in the Premier League. If he wants to stay then give him the two year deal he apparently wants.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Keeper is a very odd position, if I was an young "potential England" keeper (Stockdale isn't) I'd want to play for a club where I'm going to get a lot of action (football action BTW) and can show what I can do albeit behind a leaky defence. Many such keepers may be looking at Albion in that way before next season?

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I think it would be fairly easy to find a replacement who is as good a shot stopper as Stockdale

I think it would be fairly easy to find a replacement with as good distribution as Stockdale

I think it would be effing difficult to find a replacement who is as good at both

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree that getting Stockdale to ink a new deal is crucial. Keeper is the most important position in the defence, plus he has Prem experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here