Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton sign Harper

Seriously though this is really encouraging if true. A player like this must be seriously hot property. What Championship club wouldn't try to sign him?

In this sort of negotiation, our training facility must be a huge pull factor for the player. We're not the biggest payers and I can't imagine we'd have offered him more than everyone else. But for someone like this to look at all of the offers that he (surely?) received and choose us speaks volumes.

Being interesting to hear if Derby and Clement were in for him.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
WOW WOW WOW

This is a real shock move. Never even saw that one coming, although the Scotland set up is well known to Ewan Chester our Chief Scout who is Scottish so he has probably seen a lot of this lad.

There is absolutely no way that someone like that has been brought in for the Development Squad. He is a first team starter for sure. CH plays players like that no matter how young they are. He played Nathan Redmond in European matches for Birmingham at the age of 16 because he knew he was good enough to play.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
If he's good enough, he is old enough!

Just think Duncan Edwards, Wayne Rooney, Raheem Sterling, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere etc etc

He is not a Development Squad Player, he is going to be the real deal!

Look at the unfit, older dross who have graced our pitch in the last couple of years: McCourt, Spanish Rodney, Leon Best, Barndoor etc etc. and then tell me that a player of this pedigree can't do better?

Blood the youngsters and they will get better but play at a new much higher tempo.
I am excited!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He hasn't come from Real Madrid youth to kick around in Brighton Dev Squad.

He'll be pushing for a place in the matchday 18.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
If he's good enough, he is old enough!

Just think Duncan Edwards, Wayne Rooney, Raheem Sterling, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere etc etc

He is not a Development Squad Player, he is going to be the real deal!

Look at the unfit, older dross who have graced our pitch in the last couple of years: McCourt, Spanish Rodney, Leon Best, Barndoor etc etc. and then tell me that a player of this pedigree can't do better?

Blood the youngsters and they will get better but play at a new much higher tempo.
I am excited!

Agree with that. I'd rather see him in the team than COG.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Chill everyone - nothing to worry about on this one.

He's already signed.
We signed Hambone on Monday then didn't announce it for 2 days by which time it had been leaked already. I know these lads are "only" DS for now but with fans starved of good news the club might do better to celebrate rather than hide signings.

So Bozza, we get the 22 but what was the 7 reference?

Edit: btw I know Ricky Sbragia and wouldn't read too much into his decision making :lol: he has a do what it takes mentality but taking chances isn't on his agenda. The championships he omitted this boy from his u-19's were unbeaten but failed to qualify having drawn 5 out of their 6 games

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Although this has been reported in the press, I guess it's not official until we hear from the club.. ?

Edit: Ah, just seen [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] s quoted comment. Seems like it's all done :)

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
He's already signed.
We signed Hambone on Monday then didn't announce it for 2 days by which time it had been leaked already. I know these lads are "only" DS for now but with fans starved of good news the club might do better to celebrate rather than hide signings.

So Bozza, we get the 22 but what was the 7 reference?

Where had this been leaked?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Anyone doubting his flair needs to consider the description of Scottish coach "a luxury player" we all know that is a euphemism for flair.

Oct 25, 2003
surely he's kind of 'done' the whole development squad thing at real (and one would assume theirs is SLIGHTLY better than ours) and is now ready to be flairing up the first team

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
It does indeed and I have always thought Bloom is building for the future, you only have to look at the infrastructure and now the quality of development players we are signing. We will if we can hang onto young players have a squad in two or three years that will continue to churn out players who can move up into the first team like dare I say Southampton. This is fundamental to a club like us even if we do eventually have to sell one or two who need to further their career, this in turn will be able to fund replacements and therefore make us a sustainable force.

The future is Bright do not believe the doom mongers we are Premier League ready and I do think we will get there, I for one am not in any rush and willing to watch this club grow with exciting young players coming on board.

Amen to that.

It's clear that we are building something in the mould of Southampton.
These are encouraging times at the very least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here