Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Lindsay - 6m rumour

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Pity we didn't go for him in the summer then, before he went to Barnsley. Bet he didn't cost a fraction of £6M back then.

Was he the lad at Partick Thistle ? - If so there was interest then I think by Brighton.

In certain circumstances it isn't really about the cost. It is about whether they can step up from SPL to Championship and then ultimately in the case of Brighton NOW, the PL. Managers are never sure.

I recall bringing a certain Jamie Murphy to someone's attention at the age of 19 or 20. Around the same time the ''flavour of the month'' in Scotland was David Goodwillie and that was who that person was looking at around then but wasn't sure he could make the step up to the Championship, so decided against both of them. Both were the same age at the time. Goodwillie did make the big money jump to the PL and flopped. Jamie turned down Blackpool and stayed at Motherwell another year because he felt he wasn't ready to move.

He then went to Sheff Utd and thrived there and ultimately thrived in the Championship with us. Jamie is now at Rangers on loan from Brighton. David Goodwillie is at Clyde on a downward spiral. So sometimes it can be better to have a gradual progression as opposed to a big jump in class that a player is really not ready to make.

I must also add that at the early stages I did point out that Jamie Murphy was a far better player than David Goodwillie

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Truly terrible article.

He seems to claim Lindsay would be a gooid fit purely because he's left footed.

You do need a balance of left and right footers in a team. Chelsea actually looked ''out of sorts'' last season in a few matches I watched because almost everyone was right footed and so found it difficult to switch direction and spread play quickly enough to open teams up

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Had anyone heard of John Stones before he moved from Barnsley to Everton ?

His Barnsley debut was against us at the Amex, he played at right back and really didn't stand out at all. Now he's first choice for England, but not for his club...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The figures mentioned here, further illustrate how bang wrong some posters' valuations of Goldson are.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
On a side note, that website deserves a better name than 'whispers'. Some of their data based analysis that I've read throughout the season is pretty impressive!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On a side note, that website deserves a better name than 'whispers'. Some of their data based analysis that I've read throughout the season is pretty impressive!

They do some good stuff and just to reiterate, for the sake of transparency, they pay NSC for sending them traffic.

When they produce an article that has an Albion reference I get an email. If I read the article and think it's something of interest I share it, quite often I don't think it adds anything new so I don't.

I have no idea how their business model works, as they pay NSC £8 per 1,000 visitors. Whilst this doesn't add up to much money for NSC, if this site could earn anything like £8 per 1,000 visitors, I wouldn't be in Worthing typing this!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Truly terrible article.

Well having one right, and one left footed player in central defence is pretty important really. As good as the Dunk/Duffy partnership is, it means one of them is going be playing constantly on the wrong side.

Uwe Hunnameier has recently left us, so it does leave a vacancy for a centre back. Who knows, it could work.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
You do need a balance of left and right footers in a team. Chelsea actually looked ''out of sorts'' last season in a few matches I watched because almost everyone was right footed and so found it difficult to switch direction and spread play quickly enough to open teams up

Fair point, but they still need to be adequate players :) I'm left-footed and I've not heard a peep from Chelsea!

PS: I'm not left-footed

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
They do some good stuff and just to reiterate, for the sake of transparency, they pay NSC for sending them traffic.
When they produce an article that has an Albion reference I get an email. If I read the article and think it's something of interest I share it, quite often I don't think it adds anything new so I don't.

I really like their site, amazed that they pay so well as their ads are totally unobtrusive. At the moment they've got one banner for a betting site. Surely that can't pay over £8 per 1,000 impressions?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This might seem like a stupid question, but when they're going on about 'X.X per 90', does that mean 90 minutes, as in per game. If so, why not say, per game?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Truly terrible article.

Yep - awful.

That graph its utter shite. Both Dunk and Duffy have about a millimeter on blocking, despite having the highest number of blocks in the Premier League. Go figure.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here