Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City.......which Worthing pub?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don’t get me wrong - it may not be the venue I’d choose for all occasions but when the Albion are playing away from home, it’s rammed with a fantastic partisan atmosphere.

There’s a framed Albion shirt on the wall and two big flags outside.

Oh and they do crisps too.

What more could you want?

Scampi-Fries-500.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Really? Must admit it's been years since I went in there. If it's Albion friendly, fair enough.

My sister lives in Findon and, when my dad was alive, I'd sometimes go in with him.

I just remember it being gloomy and boring.

I'm guessing on those occasions the Albion weren't playing away from home in the Premier League, the game wasn't being shown on every big screen in the place and you weren't surrounded by a load of Albion fans.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Well every match is on TV somewhere in the world so it is just a case of finding a pub whose landlord has a relaxed attitude to such things.

Do you know what such pubs might have this attitude in Brighton and Hove?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm guessing on those occasions the Albion weren't playing away from home in the Premier League, the game wasn't being shown on every big screen in the place and you weren't surrounded by a load of Albion fans.

You be right. It was when we were playing in League 1, we weren't televised & I was surrounded by my dad and some old git with a drink problem who smelled.

I'm not sure how many you could actually fit in there as it's pretty small from memory.

It always struck me as an odd place for a bar too. I'm glad it's still going though. My dad knew the guy that had it...can't remember his name though.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Do you know what such pubs might have this attitude in Brighton and Hove?

Sadly I don't. Can't imagine anyway in centre of town woukd risk showing a moody stream but got to be somewhere.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Baffling that Worthing has at least 2 maybe 3 pubs showing moody streams, yet nobody knows of any in Brighton

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
No, people just don't want to name the very few in Brighton on a public message board in case the fun police shut them down - and we then have to trek over to Worthing.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Due to work commitments I won’t be able to get to the City game. Having recently moved to Worthing I was wondering which pub is the best for Albion games. Many moons ago I used to go to The Warwick. Is there anywhere better in the town centre?

Warwick and Castle in town center are good

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

yep that might do it - i think it's fair to assume the usual atmos etc may not be quite the same.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Valley Bar has only been open since 2009 prior to that the pub in that road was The Cissbury which wasnt a very good pub and subsequently knocked down for houses and flats.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
No, people just don't want to name the very few in Brighton on a public message board in case the fun police shut them down - and we then have to trek over to Worthing.

I'm happy to be told by DM!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here