Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your predictions for the Albion's upcoming transfer window.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What movements do you think there will be in January?

With players potentially leaving, I'll be surprised if Stephens goes to Burnley at the beginning of next year and I guess this is the most obvious player to leave. I think the club are now prepared to take the gamble on him being a free agent at the end of the season.

I expect a lot of interest for Dunk including from Palace who must have him very high on their wish list but if we're still where we are in the league in a month or two then I reckon he's staying put. It won't do his career any harm by staying until the end of the season and then looking at his options and with a bit of luck we'll be in the PL . I reckon Elvis could leave and probably head either to Scotland or back to Europe (I've got no inside knowledge here, just a gut feel). I reckon there may also be bids for Knockaert but I think he's loving his football and the team around him too much at Brighton even to contemplate moving on.

Sadly, I can't see us getting our elusive star striker unless it's another complete unknown similar to Ulloa and that's probably the only area where we have an obvious vacancy. By the rumours circulating it's more likely that we'll get an older Premier League star striker on a half year contract to bolster our attack.

What do others reckon?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
1. We will sign a striker. A Premier League reserve (Solanke, etc) or a thirtysomething big name in a 'Zamora' role.

2. There will be pages and pages of tabloid rumour, on offers for Dunk, Knockaert, Stephens and March.

3. People on NSC will get panicky about 2.

4. No-one we want to keep will leave the club.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I would like us to sign a quality striker and midfielder. I can't see anyone leaving if i'm honest apart from some fringe players. I'm not convinced with Norwood,Ince or Towell for the crucial run in.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I would like us to sign a quality striker and midfielder. I can't see anyone leaving if i'm honest apart from some fringe players. I'm not convinced with Norwood,Ince or Towell for the crucial run in.
I think Towell will play a crucial part at some point....Ince will go...Lua Lua will go...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
2. There will be pages and pages of tabloid rumour, on offers for Dunk, Knockaert, Stephens and March.

I can't see there being a lot of interest for March this time around, not whilst he's barely come back from a year long lay-off.

I'd forgotten about Ince and ordinarily, he'd be one who I'd say is a good candidate for a move but with what's been happening to him in his personal life, I would have thought any decent agent would advise him to stay put at the moment rather than more upheaval.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Squad reserve players like LuaLua, Ince, Towell and Manu potentially to go out on loan. Possibly Rob Hunt as well, for the game experience.

Quality number #9 to come in.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
just the obvious one really. David Villa in during the winter break in MLS so he can spend the winter with his pal Bruno ;0)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure if either is possible, but if they are, my predictions would be:

1. Murray's loan signing converted into a full transfer
2. Return of Ulloa

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
just the obvious one really. David Villa in during the winter break in MLS so he can spend the winter with his pal Bruno ;0)

I actually don't think that, or a SIMILAR scenario, is that implausible.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I can't see there being a lot of interest for March this time around, not whilst he's barely come back from a year long lay-off.

TWO decent games, and there will be a 'story' linking Southampton with an approach, to replace whoever is the next one of theirs off to Liverpool.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

They do exist. When Bridcutt was at Withdean, I'm sure the Argus reported him as saying that his agent had advised him to stay put for a few years and improve under Gus despite offers coming in from clubs. And Robert Codner, March's agent, told Bozza, me and a few others that he had given Solly more or less the same advice. This was when we were travelling back with him on the train from the Nottingham final day game.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I do not think we will lose any of our current first choice players at all.

We will sign a striker. I expect us all to be initially to be underwhelmed but he may well surprise us.

We will move on some fringe players for good and get loans for one or two of the DS squad.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
1. No star will be sold, even for silly money.

2. A striker will be signed.

3. Elvis will leave.

4. Towell will go out on loan but only if we have a recall clause in it.

5. A younger central midfielder will be signed.

6. LuaLua may be loaned out if all the above happen.

7. Another U23 striker may be sucked into the dev squad bermuda triangle.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think Towell will play a crucial part at some point....Ince will go...Lua Lua will go...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Ince is in court in February. No one will take him given the distraction will they ?

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I actually don't think that, or a SIMILAR scenario, is that implausible.

Although i said it tongue in cheek i do think that profile of player would be a good fit. particularly as i don't think they would disrupt the team spirit. I think we need to be quite careful in that regard. I think when Rhodes came in to Boro last season it destabalised their team.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I started thinking about this.....then realised its pointless. The Club always does something different (over the past year, very successfully). I am happily optimistic no quality players will leave, and we will bring in at the very least, one player that will send me stumbling headlong toward my secret prohibition stash. Where I will slip into an alcoholic stupor until our next home game. :)

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I've a hunch that KLL is going to rejoin Gus, Charlie and Tano in China.

Maybe QPR will try again. If not, I will go for long time KLL admirer, Uwe Rosler, trying to bring him in to help Fleetwood's promotion push. Not sure Kazenga would want to drop down a division though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here