Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex and fans today

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That can't be their main message board?! Very quiet if it is. One poster on there isn't keen:

We're staying in Eastbourne and hoping to get to Brighton by train for beers before and after. Trying to find a reasonably priced hotel in Brighton was impossible . BTW, I wont be joining in with all the nice, family club stuff. As far as I'm concerned Brighton have stolen our name and our stripes . They are like a crap tribute act that we didnt ask for and don't need.
3_0 Baggies.

Hahah! Wonderful!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I poked my head into WBA unofficial. Meltdown.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I just had a look on some of their many forums and I couldn't see one post giving BHA any credit for the result. They mostly consider us 'average' and it was all Pulis's fault. Ah well, I guess we can expect a lot of that if we ever get another win.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was a complete disgrace. I can just about put up with it on midweek games but what the f*cK are these people rushing away for on a Saturday afternoon? Between that and people streaming on their tablets I was disgusted at times. I did check my Sky Sports app a few times to see the Arsenal score but streaming a ****ing live game when you're already at one is just a joke unless you're a f*cking journalist. Sign of the times I suppose.

I left after an hour for reasons explained elsewhere. There was nobody else on the concourse apart from a bloke in his 30s and his son. We had a brief chat and my ears pricked up when he said 'they'. I asked of he was a Brighton fan. He said 'yes, er, sort of......Chelsea'. So this is an example of 'local' 'supportrs' of othet PL clubs, doing a bit of football tourism. As for leaving after an hour 'to get the early train'.....FFS!!! (I HAD to leave, BTW).

Anyway....so it goes. This is the first time I've enountered this. Each to his own....as long as the stadium is full of mostly Albion supporters and noisy....

Nobody round me is anything other than a longstanding ST holder from Day One - no selfies or straming here. No moaning about the manager, recruitment, Skalak, Hemed....all lovely :thumbsup::bigwave:

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
It was a complete disgrace. I can just about put up with it on midweek games but what the f*cK are these people rushing away for on a Saturday afternoon? Between that and people streaming on their tablets I was disgusted at times. I did check my Sky Sports app a few times to see the Arsenal score but streaming a ****ing live game when you're already at one is just a joke unless you're a f*cking journalist. Sign of the times I suppose.

Why on earth would you check the Arsenal score during the game?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Nigel mong.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I have to say, as a non-STH who doesn't attend every game, that over the last couple of seasons the atmosphere (at the games I've attended) has been excellent. Streets ahead of what it used to be (except on very rare occasions) at the Goldstone.

IMO the reason for this is the North Stand seem to be in unison and thus acts as the 'engine' to drive the rest of the support. Earlier seasons at the Amex the North seemed to be fragmented and the rest of the ground had no one to lead them.

I was in the East yesterday, and I came home with a sore voice and sore hands. In the past the place has been populated with the living dead, and even muttering "come on Albion" at anything above a whisper can elicit stern glances. I've never really enjoyed it as i like to join in, but yesterday I felt I was able to shout and clap without getting told to sush.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That can't be their main message board?! Very quiet if it is. One poster on there isn't keen:

We're staying in Eastbourne and hoping to get to Brighton by train for beers before and after. Trying to find a reasonably priced hotel in Brighton was impossible . BTW, I wont be joining in with all the nice, family club stuff. As far as I'm concerned Brighton have stolen our name and our stripes . They are like a crap tribute act that we didnt ask for and don't need.
3_0 Baggies.

Isn't that partially true? I seem to remember reading something about how when we started we took the albion name because someone involved in setting us up either was a fan or respected what West Brom were doing?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Isn't that partially true? I seem to remember reading something about how when we started we took the albion name because someone involved in setting us up either was a fan or respected what West Brom were doing?

Yep. From West Brom we got the 'Albion' and the blue/white stripes, from Crystal Palace Association Football Club we got our nickname. The only original thing about BHA is Ben's Grandad. No other club has one of those.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Didn't notice any empty seats anywhere near us in the east stand. The pictures from TV showed the amex was very close to capacity. But there again, you aren't happy unless you can have a dig at the club are you?

ohhhwww do bore off.....ffs, the lower seating areas that the cameras were pointing at i would say displayed around 300 empty seats , not a dig at the club more at the apathy of the stay away fans who , after reaching the prem , still do not fill their seats.............take it how you like moosh , yesterday was a great day for all Brighton fans , a great performance and a great result.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
still a lot of empty seats visible the telly box.......can't believe that the prem promised land can't get these norberts to the ground.

I was going to make a comment on this. The 1st and 2nd goals were right up against the half time break... both showed empty seats in the adjacent crowd. This won't be down to people not turning up IMO, but due to people leaving early and returning late around half time.

I would love to know if anyone on here missed BOTH of Gross's goals for that reason. Anyone?

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
My throats feeling it a bit today, but the atmosphere in the North Stand was immence.

Knocky clearly appreciated his chant just before he a took a corner (when Bruno went down injured). He gave a sly little clap to the fans.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

el punal

still a lot of empty seats visible the telly box.......can't believe that the prem promised land can't get these norberts to the ground.

Don't be so damn insulting. There are many and varied reasons why there happen to be unoccupied seats. Fans going off for a pee or a beer, or arriving late because of travel problems, or a last minute problem at home . . . and so on and so forth. These "Norberts" as you so indelicately describe have paid to support the Albion and deserve a bit more respect than your sneering comments.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Maybe if people stayed to the end it'd be noisier? Just a thought. I know, I know, people can do what they want. And there's no point getting another thousand excuses for leaving early. But 8 minutes to go, with the team 3-1 up, still not home & dry, on the brink of a milestone win & people clear off. It's pathetic.

They really are a strange breed. Yesterday I left on 79/80 minutes because I had to cater for a function that evening in Littlehampton. The amount of people already queuing on he platform was surprising. Disgruntled away fans, I could understand, but not everyone HAD to be somewhere else did they? And then at Brighton station, an almighty dash to westbound services on platform 1 or 2, when you have a comfortable 6 or 7 minute stroll, only to get out and spend your Saturday night in front of the telly in Fishersgate.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They really are a strange breed. Yesterday I left on 79/80 minutes because I had to cater for a function that evening in Littlehampton. The amount of people already queuing on he platform was surprising. Disgruntled away fans, I could understand, but not everyone HAD to be somewhere else did they? And then at Brighton station, an almighty dash to westbound services on platform 1 or 2, when you have a comfortable 6 or 7 minute stroll, only to get out and spend your Saturday night in front of the telly in Fishersgate.

Having watched Match of the Day, Football on 5 and the Sky footy coverage highlights yesterday, I think we can quite safely say we are amongst about 90% of other clubs that have support leaving early. Nothing to see here really.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Don't be so damn insulting. There are many and varied reasons why there happen to be unoccupied seats. Fans going off for a pee or a beer, or arriving late because of travel problems, or a last minute problem at home . . . and so on and so forth. These "Norberts" as you so indelicately describe have paid to support the Albion and deserve a bit more respect than your sneering comments.

bloody hell ......we're all a bit touchy aren't we....ffs. it's a football chat site for football chat.....ok...??!!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
ohhhwww do bore off.....ffs, the lower seating areas that the cameras were pointing at i would say displayed around 300 empty seats , not a dig at the club more at the apathy of the stay away fans who , after reaching the prem , still do not fill their seats.............take it how you like moosh , yesterday was a great day for all Brighton fans , a great performance and a great result.

It is strange how there are always noticeable patches of empty seats in ESL on sell outs. Nothing to do with before and after h/t, they're empty for 90 minutes. The only time the filled was versus Wigan and Bristol City. Paying £550 to the club, then not turning up.

The NS and WS appear jam packed.

Perhaps a fully working team ticket exchange will help?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It is strange how there are always noticeable patches of empty seats in ESL on sell outs. Nothing to do with before and after h/t, they're empty for 90 minutes. The only time the filled was versus Wigan and Bristol City. Paying £550 to the club, then not turning up.

The NS and WS appear jam packed.

Perhaps a fully working team ticket exchange will help?

cheers for that ...as i only get to watch on the telly i am often confused by the amount of empty seats in the lower section of the east , usually blocks of 10 or so which was obviously a corporate thing but yesterday was a fairly even smattering of empty seats which quite honestly surprised me seeing as this was probably our first real chance of a decent result at home for the season.....never mind , everyone is entitled to their own opinion/decision.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Great support, still several notches from what's possible though. City was better.

As for gaps, WBA didn't sell out until late so no exchange.

City - 30,415
WBA - 30,381

I have a feeling the Newcastle game will set a new record.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here