Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Stockdale may have a few howlers in him, but he also makes a number of top quality saves that prevent what should have been a goal.

He's not the reason for our current predicament; it's the complete and utter lack of guile in attack. Nobody in the bottom half has conceded fewer goals than we have, but only the bottom four and Sheffield Wednesday have a goalscoring record worse than ours.

Very brave of you to have that avatar :D

Quaid

Nov 6, 2011
Stockdale is becoming a Casper. Crosses are safer but everything else is a lottery we often lose, and I am sick of it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So was Stockdale at fault for today's goals or is this thread just supposition because we conceded two?

I don't think so. Second goal was at far end; however it appeared that he made a point blank save from a header but that the ball rebounded to the Wigan player following up. Fairly sure it was Bennet that got beaten to let them get the cross in, but, as I said, was the other end so could be wrong.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I don't think so. Second goal was at far end; however it appeared that he made a point blank save from a header but that the ball rebounded to the Wigan player following up. Fairly sure it was Bennet that got beaten to let them get the cross in, but, as I said, was the other end so could be wrong.

Bennett getting beaten ey? Lost count of the amount of times that's happened this season.

He gets off lightly on here. Good going forward, shocking left back though.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Stockdale has kept us up this season

Thats almost comical. Look at how many of his mistakes have cost us points. And it happens every 2 or 3 games. He looks heavy to me also. I cant remember a bha goalie that has made so many mistakes that have resulted in goals. I get the feeling he isnt as fit as he should be. He admitted as much at the beginning of the season. Perhaps with a good preseason he will be ok. Time for Walton to finish out the season.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Kept us up oh my god that is well funny, i think he is truly dreadful.
i just find hilarious management we have a top young keeper and dont use him and will lose him for free and keep the rubbish we bought, he makes a few good saves but cant rely on him at all, he has lost us more points of what ive seen than won us, also the defence dont seem to have confidence in him eg they seem to act nervousally like dont trust him, also the crowd get tense when he gets ball, his kicking and demand of area is league one standard.
No thanks get rid, players id keep next year are
Walton, Lua Lua, Stephens, Kayal, Forster Caskey, Ince, Calderon, Baldock.
Id get rid of rest and sell players like dunk who was good at beginning of year and now very poor, dont sign any of the loan players PLEASE.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
send him an email tell him what you think..then share the reply

If mr bloom does not wake up and smell the coffee, you and me are witnessing the end of the Albion.The club cannot finance the running costs of the amex n the 3rd division

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thats almost comical. Look at how many of his mistakes have cost us points. And it happens every 2 or 3 games. He looks heavy to me also. I cant remember a bha goalie that has made so many mistakes that have resulted in goals. I get the feeling he isnt as fit as he should be. He admitted as much at the beginning of the season. Perhaps with a good preseason he will be ok. Time for Walton to finish out the season.

happens every 2/3 games...care to list the games you put down to him..i guess you are going for 22 or 15...i'd be interested

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If mr bloom does not wake up and smell the coffee, you and me are witnessing the end of the Albion.The club cannot finance the running costs of the amex n the 3rd division

We can with 19000 season tickets and players from League Two that we hope can make the step up, which is probably the route we'd take, whilst waiting on players from the academy. I think the club is now built around this philosophy. We could have some shit years ahead, whilst waiting.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We can with 19000 season tickets and players from League Two that we hope can make the step up, which is probably the route we'd take, whilst waiting on players from the academy. I think the club is now built around this philosophy. We could have some shit years ahead, whilst waiting.

I wonder how much the pie and pint deal will be when we eventually get to the Premier league? :moo:

Quaid

Nov 6, 2011
So what did he do wrong today then other than a couple of great saves that kept us in the game
Concede 2 and cut me deep regularly this season. Another long, frustrating away day so I'm a little peeved to say the least. Can't blame him in isolation but as this is a Stockdale thread he gets his share of the shit.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
happens every 2/3 games...care to list the games you put down to him..i guess you are going for 22 or 15...i'd be interested

Thanks for the challenge . My ipad Player only goes back to games since December . (Remember Stockdale admitted he was out of form and not fit before that). Since then he was at fault for the following goals - sometimes along with other members of the defence:

Today
Bornemouth h
Wolves h
Blackpool a
Reading a 2 goals
Bolton
Forest h
Plus the one with the awful pass out to ince cant remember which one that was.

Far too many. I dont think he is fit enough.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Starting to think our chairman is our biggest problem , he has built a massive millstone around the clubs neck,and spent **** all on the team.We are safe this season but i can see us being relegated next season, how long before American Express pull the sponsorship deal
Worst post of the year, congrats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here