Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Best was shocking

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Rubbish, I think you will find the 12k who turned up last night are the opposite while the majority of the ones who sat at home watching the champions league are the newbies and plastics.

i stayed at home , because i just couldnt face watching another game where we wernt going to score !

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
I know he's lazy but that was a disgrace then cheering CMS , coz he's scored plenty for his 3m fee.

I though the booing was more about the fact that he could not be bothered to jog off the pitch when subbed. That really slow amble got everyones back up after all it was not like were winning and needed to slow things down.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Dear Mr Barber,

I think I have spotted a marketing opportunity for the OneClub One Ambition Nike Superstore - Seagulls branded hankies to wave in disgruntlement, Spanish-style. The level of frustration at the Amex these days among the, er, 25,000 regulars and the slim prospect of much improvement next season means that there will surely continue to be a demand.

Yrs

Not Andy

Note Club shop, only 15,000 white hankies required because there could be a 10,000 over production because the plastic newbies won't be around to buy them

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Best is a disgrace and the booing was completely justified. You can easily argue CMS offers no more threat than Leon but one thing you can never fault him on is effort. I refuse to support a man on 25k a week who can't even be arsed to run. CMS might still be crap but at the very least he'll bother centre halves and win free kicks and corners that MIGHT make something happen. He's unlikely to be the goal scorer but between a crap player who gives zero sh!ts and a crap player who tries hard, give me CMS every time.

CMS does not bother Championship defenders. They are taller, stonger, pacier, have better awareness of space, more measured and better players, and almost laugh as the lower leagues trier shuttle-sprints between them. All huff and no Championship ability.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I like the way the OP has started a contentious thread and then sat back with his cock out pulling furiously at the replies.

Dick head.

I've just finished pulling and my god i'm raw, joking aside I completely get why he was booed, I posted it literally minutes after he was gone and it sounded awful and at the time I thought it was a disgrace maybe wrong choice of word, however to then cheer on CMS who I know is a trier but surly hasn't given us VFM was at the least very strange and indeed probably sums up our front line up!

Quaid

Nov 6, 2011
For the boo-ers perhaps this:

Who's that man (or expletive) from Blackburn Rovers

Who's that man/other ee don't adore

Leon Best is his name, will he ever score again

Don't play for Brighton anymore

That work?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
For the boo-ers perhaps this:

Who's that man (or expletive) from Blackburn Rovers

Who's that man/other ee don't adore

Leon Best is his name, will he ever score again

Don't play for Brighton anymore

That work?

Cracking effort, apart from the 'Will he ever score again', is suggesting he's scored for us before. Other than that, you're on to a winner :thumbsup:

Maverick

Jun 1, 2011
At least CMS and O'Grady make an effort. The same as Gary Hart. Wasn't the greatest player but he put in a shift, I for one like to see that. Best does nothing. Can't even make an effort to get off the pitch. Boo him as much as you like.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At least CMS and O'Grady make an effort. The same as Gary Hart. Wasn't the greatest player but he put in a shift, I for one like to see that. Best does nothing. Can't even make an effort to get off the pitch. Boo him as much as you like.

I don't see the problem with substitutes walking slowly off the pitch. They all do it.

When we were winning under Gus, he would signal to a player that they were going to be subbed, and they went to the other side of the pitch so that they took longer to walk off.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I don't see the problem with substitutes walking slowly off the pitch. They all do it.

When we were winning under Gus, he would signal to a player that they were going to be subbed, and they went to the other side of the pitch so that they took longer to walk off.

Normally to waste time when trying to hold on to a winning score. To meander off when 0-0 and us needing to score was poor, almost as bad as Colunga when he was sent off.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Normally to waste time when trying to hold on to a winning score. To meander off when 0-0 and us needing to score was poor, almost as bad as Colunga when he was sent off.

Or was it to keep the clean sheet thereby getting a valuable point. Huddersfield were starting to get the upper hand near the end of the match.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Or was it to keep the clean sheet thereby getting a valuable point. Huddersfield were starting to get the upper hand near the end of the match.

I seriously doubt it, he put as much effort into walking off as he put into the game. And Tuesday was probably his best performance for us. He spent most of the game moaning, with arms outstretched making hardly any runs. Admittedly service too him is poor but body language was not good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here