Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many to Villa?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I know we sold our allocation of 2700 quickly but I have a mate who received tickets yesterday from the club after he paid 20 quid to be on a waiting list for released tickets. So how many were we given recently?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I think the latest tickets are comps, that haven't been used by staff. The club said that Villa wouldn't allocate any more to us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I know we sold our allocation of 2700 quickly but I have a mate who received tickets yesterday from the club after he paid 20 quid to be on a waiting list for released tickets. So how many were we given recently?

I would presume that those tickets were a handful that were held back FROM the original 2700, and then not required.

So, 2700.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I would presume that those tickets were a handful that were held back FROM the original 2700, and then not required.

So, 2700.
Shame that thought Villa may have given us a few hundred more as it would be definite money in their pocket. Unless they sell all their home tickets that's like chucking money away for them.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
reckon 2700 Brighton and about £15k Villa meaning a half-empty stadium with many, many Brighton fans left wanting a ticket.

Poor show ....
Whatever happened to supply & demand?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
They must have done it before - for Cup games for example - so it can't have been beyond their collective wit. It does seem oddly churlish - especially if those of us lucky enough to have tickets see plenty of empty seats in the stadium on Sunday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't think it's a simple exercise for Villa to give us more seats. They'd have to segregate one of the home ends. Logistical nightmare I would imagine.

I think its more just that, in context of wasting tens of millions of pounds already, its really not worth them antagonizing any of their own fans, just to sell an additional few hundred £30 tickets.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Villa had 30K when losing 3-1 at home to Reading on April 15th...

I'd expect around 33-35K for last game of the season.

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
I was on the waitlist and got allocated a seat(s) in Doug Ellis Lower, Block Q3. A friend in a similar position was also allocated a seat in the same block as was another person on here. Unless anyone who bought from the original allocation was seated in Q3 I would anticipate Villa opened up another full block for away fans. How many that holds though I don't know.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Of which we could have filled about 3k I would estimate.

Probably.

But...

3,000 x £23 (averaged to include concessions) = £69,000
£69,000 - additional stewarding / policing costs = £54,000
£54,000 - tax payable = £45,000
£45,000 - additional costs of segregation / access, etc - loss of home fan goodwill if shunted from ST seats, etc = can't be bothered.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I was on the waitlist and got allocated a seat(s) in Doug Ellis Lower, Block Q3. A friend in a similar position was also allocated a seat in the same block as was another person on here. Unless anyone who bought from the original allocation was seated in Q3 I would anticipate Villa opened up another full block for away fans. How many that holds though I don't know.

I believe away fans get three blocks in the Upper and three in the lower. To give more would probably cause problems on the concourses and presumably mean moving ST holders.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Seems unlikely.
There would not have been enough on the waiting list and the club would have been forced to make an announcement, to ensure they were all sold. These sound like comps that have been returned.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here