Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Playground Antics Re-configured

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'm not saying he's perfect but you come on here purposely to wind him up. If he sent me an abusive message, I'd either report it or ignore it. I wouldn't take that as my cue to wind him up whenever he posts and have a go at him. To me that is bullying but you can justify it any way you want.

Must admit I chose to ignore it

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I'm just checking to see if you've seen my reply to your post in the ' Moyes out ' thread, where you sneeringly asked whether ' is it because there are numbers that you don't understand it ? ' , without realising you had got it embarrassingly wrong yourself ? Surely you wouldn't try to avoid answering ? I'll keep up until you do.Here's a link to it in case you're having trouble finding it.
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...must-go-quot-get-your-chops-around-this/page4

Try to avoid? Have you heard of a thing called university? I had an essay to write about British intelligence and accountability, however I just had a check over the figures and I had divided by 7 as opposed to 8: meaning capacity was at 71.31% which actually makes the comparison between the withdean's average attendance in accordance of capacity much in line with the Amex.

:thumbsup: you still don't actually understand what I'm trying to say though, do you? But keep trying, you might actually get there one day, Bushy.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Try to avoid? Have you heard of a thing called university? I had an essay to write about British intelligence and accountability, however I just had a check over the figures and I had divided by 7 as opposed to 8: meaning capacity was at 71.31% which actually makes the comparison between the withdean's average attendance in accordance of capacity much in line with the Amex.

:thumbsup: you still don't actually understand what I'm trying to say though, do you? But keep trying, you might actually get there one day, Bushy.
Trying to avoid ? Yes , you were totally and utterly trying to avoid answering , you've been on here, and posted, numerous times since your original post, and I've had to ask several times for a reply.
As to what you're trying to say, I completely understand, I just happen to think its an unadulterated pile of bollox, and totally irrelevant, so what if the average attendance at both withdean and the amex is broadly similar ?
The bare fact remains that Brighton COULDN'T fill a shit stadium with a capacity of 8550, whilst they had a poor team and no rich benefactor, and now that they have a shiny new stadium, with a rich owner who has pumped money in , and have a decent side, 20,000 odd fans have appeared out nowhere, I await your next post full of TOTALLY MEANINGLESS figures in a pitiful attempt to counter the truth.
Though if your last attempts at avoiding the issue are anything to go by, I'll wait a long time.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
20,000 odd fans have appeared out nowhere

I suspect that if the club or any other group conducted a survey regarding the football watching history of those at the Amex, that you would be in for a big surprise at the number of returning fans from our time at the Goldstone Ground. Watching at Withdean was a wholly unsatisfying experience, is it really any wonder that people did not choose to go there? And as for the 'shiny new stadium' (a term that appears to be a little jaundiced in it's repetition) and relative success on the field, it's a no-brainer as to why some new and previously unconnected fans are coming.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
But there were many games that were sold out at Withdean. For example, it's not as if tickets for the final Huddersfield game were available on the last day. If I remember correctly, the club sold tickets below the official capacity.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I suspect that if the club or any other group conducted a survey regarding the football watching history of those at the Amex, that you would be in for a big surprise at the number of returning fans from our time at the Goldstone Ground. Watching at Withdean was a wholly unsatisfying experience, is it really any wonder that people did not choose to go there? And as for the 'shiny new stadium' (a term that appears to be a little jaundiced in it's repetition) and relative success on the field, it's a no-brainer as to why some new and previously unconnected fans are coming.
I totally agree, the issue I have is with Brighton fans with a holier than thou attitude who refuse to accept that other clubs , such as Chelsea, will have had the same experience.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here