Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st time no sympathy for us if Albion relegated

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Because we really do deserve it if we do.

All throughout the 80s 90s and 00s I've always thought we had a reasonable excuse or bit of bad luck whenever we've gone down and I've clapped the players and club for efforts despite disappointment. But this season has been an utter utter shambles, all things considered we really do deserve to reap what we've sown. It's a strange feeling, I really can't defend us.

We should definitely be doing better. Possibly the worst season ever in many ways....? Please can anyone defend us?! :)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I saw Millwall lose 6-0 on boxing day to Norwich, that is a team that deserves to be relegated. With a decent striker we'b be up there. Some people clearly haven't seen Albion ever get relegated

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nicko son, you've missed my point. I not comparing us on the whole to other clubs. But to BRIGHTON sides from past 4 decades that have gone down.

Example: 92 we got relegated but we had to sell Small & Budgie to avoid wind up. It was understandable. Relegations in the noughties, well we were massively over achieving on the road to falmer. And so on. This club at the moment is set up for the Premiership and...going via League 1 it seems? "Premiership Ready" remember. That's the Albions words, not mine.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Nicko son, you've missed my point. I not comparing us on the whole to other clubs. But to BRIGHTON sides from past 4 decades that have gone down.

Example: 92 we got relegated but we had to sell Small & Budgie to avoid wind up. It was understandable. Relegations in the noughties, well we were massively over achieving on the road to falmer. And so on. This club at the moment is set up for the Premiership and...going via League 1 it seems? "Premiership Ready" remember. That's the Albions words, not mine.

How can you be Premiership ready when 5 players in the team are not our own?
It never works having lots of loan players who really don't give a sh*t what happens to the club, they just toddle back to their own clubs at the end of the season.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It never works having lots of loan players who really don't give a sh*t what happens to the club, they just toddle back to their own clubs at the end of the season.

I understand Barber thinks it's fine to load up on loan players, apparently doesn't make a difference

:moo:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Amen to that. No arguments here. Been a big part of the problem. But back to the question.... :)

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick

Spot on sir

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I feel MUCH more pissed off with how this season has gone than I have ever felt, even in relegation seasons. I feel there is a real arrogance coming from the top and I am losing the connection I had through all the rough years. The stadium is fantastic but it makes the failings in recruitment and manager retention even worse. We should be going forwards but we are going backwards at pace. It's depressing tbh.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Absolutely - loanees are rubbish. Bridge, Ward and Tex were all sh*t, weren't they? And that striker who decided not to stay who only scored two goals in four games ....... pathetic.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Absolutely - loanees are rubbish. Bridge, Ward and Tex were all sh*t, weren't they? And that striker who decided not to stay who only scored two goals in four games ....... pathetic.

Funny how you pick three loan players from three different seasons?And funny how two of them buggered of for pastures new.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I understand Barber thinks it's fine to load up on loan players, apparently doesn't make a difference

:moo:

Then the man is not as clever as he thinks he is - not by a long chalk.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Oh, I've thought of something. He knows how to contribute to the ravaging of the golden jewel that was the Albion's huge season ticket holder base.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No but all of them were season long loans which is very different, and none of them joined us after the loan period.

Besides, plucking our 3 best loan signings of the past 4 years hardly proves your point IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here