Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you do for a living more importantly how much do you earn......

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'll be quite honest.

CNC laser setter/operator
CNC BrakePress setter/operator
CNC 3 axis mill setter/operator
CNC waterjet operator

£24k basic
£32k with overtime last year before tax man bent me over.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I'm a workshop supervisor in charge of, well, just me. I don't earn anywhere near what I feel i'm worth but I really enjoy my job. My name is Gary. My inside leg is 31". I don't like jacket potatoes. I've been married for over 33 years. I have two twenty something daughters. My favourite colour is blue. I enjoy......in fact , mind your own business

I have a son who may be interested in either one of your daughters:rolleyes:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Well, many of you have been quite honest and informative.

So i will say as much as I want to, back in the beginning of November I changed companies, take out the 2 week xmas break i have been with this new company about 8 / 9 weeks, I am a Senior Manager in a small well established Building Company, I suppose it would be equal to a Contracts / Project Managers status, I am at present responsible for doing a £400k + refurb on a very old property, also a 1 million pound one off new build house (it really is awesome!) and literally on Monday I start a (what is quite big for us) new build of 14 flats which involves knocking down a church.

My salary is the most I have ever earn't as an employed person (I was once self employed and did earn a bit more one year) so i am happy at the moment. My roll is very varied which is very interesting albeit challenging :thumbsup:

The thread is meant as a bit of fun, not "my house is bigger than yours" ((I wonder who would go down that road? ) :)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Is it any of my business? if not fine, tell me by all means...... if you think it's ok for everyone to know, do it on here if you want to?

I can tell you I pay [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] in medieval groats - or four pence a week.

He is lucky to get that :moo:

Needless to say - as the brains of the business I'm on DOUBLE that :thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well, many of you have been quite honest and informative.

So i will say as much as I want to, back in the beginning of November I changed companies, take out the 2 week xmas break i have been with this new company about 8 / 9 weeks, I am a Senior Manager in a small well established Building Company, I suppose it would be equal to a Contracts / Project Managers status, I am at present responsible for doing a £400k + refurb on a very old property, also a 1 million pound one off new build house (it really is awesome!) and literally on Monday I start a (what is quite big for us) new build of 14 flats which involves knocking down a church.

My salary is the most I have ever earn't as an employed person (I was once self employed and did earn a bit more one year) so i am happy at the moment. My roll is very varied which is very interesting albeit challenging :thumbsup:

The thread is meant as a bit of fun, not "my house is bigger than yours" ((I wonder who would go down that road? ) :)

I did wonder if you were looking/comparing as a guide for a potential career/role change,seems you already have..good luck...btw

larus

Whilst retirement is 17 years away it does scare me. I'm quite active and need to occupy my time and enjoy my work. I find the idea of not doing it at all worrying. I guess I might feel different when the time comes but I'd currently like to do a couple of days until I drop.

I can't imagine not wanting to work at all. I could be accused of having worked too hard in my 30/40's, but it's a decision I made and I feel I've benefitted from it now. However, I'm sure it's impacted other parts of my life.

I'd agree that having something to keep you working beyond 'retirement' age would be the best solution. First, it keeps social contact and, second, it also provides something to keep the mind/body occupied. I guess it would also enable a better standard of living too. More German beer maybe :)

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
how? given those figures..

The more overtime I do the more he takes.

If I do "some" overtime a month I do OK, if I do a lot my take-home doesn't increase by as much as I would expect. My sweet spot so to speak is about 8 hours a week. If I do 12 hours a week I don't take home a lot more than 8 hours.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Being serious I do try and keep my work life separate from social media. I've occasionally spoken about certain aspects of it but in general I keep it private. Different story with my personal interests which part of the fun is sharing.
You are one of the more open characters on here and agree keeping the social media gap is wise advice.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
IMG_0554.JPG

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Being a contractor and having a fair few weeks most years with no work, mine would be more circa. However it is none of your business :wink:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The more overtime I do the more he takes.

If I do "some" overtime a month I do OK, if I do a lot my take-home doesn't increase by as much as I would expect. My sweet spot so to speak is about 8 hours a week. If I do 12 hours a week I don't take home a lot more than 8 hours.

I get you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here