Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Knockaert v Vicente Rodriguez - Who is the Greatest?

So, who's the better BHAFC player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Great pole but defo Vicente

Remember the Derby at home game...
Knocky has done more than that run to be fair and left 3 players dumbstruck not so long ago with a few yards between them all.For Brighton knocky has easily outstripped Vicente by a country mile :)

Wonderful player was Vicente though :)

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
If we're talking about while at the Albion, Knockaert. He is quicker, he creates more, he fits in with the team better.

The Vicente who played for us then would look much better now as he would fit into the team, rather than standing so far above everyone else. That 'everyone else' almost seemed to play in awe of him - except Ashley Barnes - and as such he looked a bit of a spare wheel.

We've also had more flair moments out of Le Petit Magicien.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sorry, but although Vicente was obviously a great player, and quite possibly even better than Knockaert when he was in his prime, (after all he played for his country, whereas Knockaert hasn't), I find that I have to vote for the Frenchman, simply because he has played far more games in an Albion shirt, and Vicente didn't come to the club untl the very last knockings of his career.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Vicente did 1 mega dribble & missed v knocky whose play reel is growing week by week

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Knockaert is already my favourite ever Brighton player after only 10 months at the club. I loved Bobby and I couldn't believe that we signed Vicente at the time but Knocky is the kind of player you go to watch week in week out. I have been following the Albion home and away since the mid 90's so obviously can't comment on any players who played previous to that but I think he is the best player in this division, we are very lucky to have him.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Vicente was class but Knocky doing it week on week ! Vicente sadly not with us long enough

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Vicente was class but Knocky doing it week on week ! Vicente sadly not with us long enough

And didn't play enough. He was in fact with us for 2 whole seasons.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As BHAFC players, for me it is AK simply because of his influence in more games. Vicente is easily the highest profile player The Albion has had so far-sadly he was a bit fragile and missed games but when he played he was terrific.

Difficult for me to choose between them but I voted AK.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
There used to be a really good montage of Vicente to the music of time to say goodbye . Can't find it anymore .

But Knockaert has given me more wow moments than anyone before him . It's basically at the point where he's got 3 players around him and you expect him to get out of the situation and 99% of the time he does

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Just watched the clip of him against Wolves . He even fooled me in the stands when I thought he was going to cross it and faked it . I was already looking in the box to see where the ball went

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Sorry, but although Vicente was obviously a great player, and quite possibly even better than Knockaert when he was in his prime, (after all he played for his country, whereas Knockaert hasn't), I find that I have to vote for the Frenchman, simply because he has played far more games in an Albion shirt, and Vicente didn't come to the club untl the very last knockings of his career.

My sentiments exactly. Vicente was different class to anyone I'd seen play for the Albion before, but, we only saw the tail end of his career. Knockaert is still getting better, more influential and work rate is better. Difficult choice but had to vote Knockaert purely based on our games.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Knockaert is so exciting and has probably not even reached his peak yet. But what I loved about Vicente is the way he made it look effortless.

AKs tricks are super fast, flashy (which are great) and when he's in full flow, he looks like he'd need a parachute to stop, while Vicente seemed to glide.

Knockaert will probably go on to have a much bigger effect on the club. Vicente and his problems will remain an enigma, but as others have already mentioned, his arrival signalled a new intent.

I voted Vicente out of misty eyed romanticism. The shock and excitement when his signing was announced and then the buzz (and expectation) each time he stepped on the pitch hasn't been matched yet IMO.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Vicente for me. He was the more complete player in terms of dribbling skill, weight of pass and decision making.

Knocky is fantastic on beating men, work rate and will to win. But he does frustrate me in not always getting his head up and on simulation.

PG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So, we've had almost a season from The Little Magician... but who would you consider to the better (rather subjective I know) between him and The Dagger, Vicente Rodriguez...

We're considering their feats, contribution, influence for BHAFC, as Vicente achieved some much BEFORE he came here.

Let the debate begin.
There's no debate to be had. For BHA it's Knocky. In their prime, it's Vicente.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
The amount of loose passes Vicente used to make was unbelievable. Not because he was a shit passer (he wasn't), but because his vision and creativity was always on a different level to the other 9 outfield players we had at that time. I could almost sense his frustration at times. With no pace whatsoever and as crocked as BZ he still stood head and shoulders above anyone in this division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
knocky seems fitter, clearly we didn't see Vicente in his hayday, but I would go Knocky on the basis he has probably already played more minutes the Vicente did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here