Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Agustien

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Did you not see very intermittent touches of quality when he actually played for us oh so infrequently?

No. I can't understand this 'he may be the playmaker we've been looking for' shit.

I have only ever seem him occasionally control a ball well and knock it to a team mate and these occasional glimpses has been the highlight of his time with us. El Abd played 10 times more defense splitting passes per pound paid than this tub of lard ever has. (And that is no slight on El Abd whose ability to find a defense splitting pass was not his greatest asset or what he was employed for).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Pass completion rate = 87% ....

... to the opposition

I did say 'very intermittent touches of quality'; must have been in the 13%!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No. I can't understand this 'he may be the playmaker we've been looking for' shit.

I have only ever seem him occasionally control a ball well and knock it to a team mate and these occasional glimpses has been the highlight of his time with us. El Abd played 10 times more defense splitting passes per pound paid than this tub of lard ever has. (And that is no slight on El Abd whose ability to find a defense splitting pass was not his greatest asset or what he was employed for).

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd have offloaded him by now if at all possible, if I was in charge. However, I genuinely believe he has (very well-hidden) talent, but he's very stupidly thrown it all away. Mug. I once saw him play for Swansea against Man U on the telly-box and, wait for it, star for the former. Must have been the video Burke watched! ;-)

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
He was an idiot before we signed him 39 points say don't touch this loser with a barge pole, unless you believe he is a footballing messiah.

He has made even bigger fools of all those who conspired to sign him and they may need reminding of this when they come cap in hand at the end of the season.

To my mind our worst signing ever.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
He was an idiot before we signed him 39 points say don't touch this loser with a barge pole, unless you believe he is a footballing messiah.

He has made even bigger fools of all those who conspired to sign him and they may need reminding of this when they come cap in hand at the end of the season.

To my mind our worst signing ever.

Makes a mockery of our so called "due dilligence/character" assesments that we supposedly do when looking at making signings etc.....perhaps this one was our.....it's a risk but we might get it to work type things?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
His last game for us was Leeds away, partnering Holla in midfield in a game that we won. He didn't figure again and Holla was only in and out of the team as both fell behind JFC and Gardner in the midfield pecking order but you wonder why if we only managed to win one more game before Hyypia left. Maybe leaving out Asustien was his undoing.

I also don't get this, he's fat, etc from certain fans. Whgenever i have seen him about on a matchday he look far from fat.

Maybe fans also need to accept that footballers are people too and as such, are likely to post on social media. If they are offended by someone doing that because they are a footballer, maybe they should simply ignore them on that platform rather than wonder / worry about what they do in their free time. (do people wonder if what you do in your own free time after you finish work is considered professional enough for that company / business / whatever)

Fans turn on another player almost since he signed and we don't get the best out of him for our club and they still don't get the connection as a result of their behaviour towards that player. Why would he want to perform for the club if the fans don't want him here, why should he put in the effort, would you where you worked if you felt everyone else wanted you out?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I cannot remember if it was on this site or not but there was a story about a player who could hardly play. From day one he was transferred as an extra in the first deal as he was a friend of the main target. For years he just moved around clubs making a good living. Does anyone else recall this?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Fans turn on another player almost since he signed and we don't get the best out of him for our club and they still don't get the connection as a result of their behaviour towards that player. Why would he want to perform for the club if the fans don't want him here, why should he put in the effort, would you where you worked if you felt everyone else wanted you out?

Normally this would spur me on to prove them wrong,failing that i'd put in a loan or transfer request...

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

He needs to be professional. We were warned he was a lazy-arse - and to date he has done little to disprove that. Don't blame our support for that.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I haven't seen him enough to form an opinion but three managers have not fancied him so far.

Oddly comes across as quite a good team man on Twitter (then again I could do that and it doesn't make me a professional footballer).

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
[I also don't get this, he's fat, etc from certain fans. Whenever i have seen him about on a matchday he look far from fat.

It was well documented in the Argus from official sources that Agustien was about a stone over weight and his attitude in training was lousy.
If I pay to see a professional singer I expect them to be in tune and sing in time, If I pay to see a professional actor I expect them not to fluff their lines and corpse on stag and if I pay to see a professional footballer I expect them to be fit, athletic and above all give 100 %, 100% of the time. perhaps in this case it's the word professional that your struggling with.
:moo:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
[I also don't get this, he's fat, etc from certain fans. Whenever i have seen him about on a matchday he look far from fat.

It was well documented in the Argus from official sources that Agustien was about a stone over weight and his attitude in training was lousy.
If I pay to see a professional singer I expect them to be in tune and sing in time, If I pay to see a professional actor I expect them not to fluff their lines and corpse on stag and if I pay to see a professional footballer I expect them to be fit, athletic and above all give 100 %, 100% of the time. perhaps in this case it's the word professional that your struggling with.
:moo:

Yet no one had an issue with players like Guy Butters who was far more overweight than that and he went on to become a fans favourite

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I haven't seen him enough to form an opinion but three managers have not fancied him so far.

Well, there's plenty enough of the lard-arse to look at and form an opinion of.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool

Oddly comes across as quite a good team man on Twitter (then again I could do that and it doesn't make me a professional footballer).

I would have said that he comes across as e scy the opposite on Twitter -arrogant and awkward! - But then we all read things differently!

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
His last game for us was Leeds away, partnering Holla in midfield in a game that we won. He didn't figure again and Holla was only in and out of the team as both fell behind JFC and Gardner in the midfield pecking order but you wonder why if we only managed to win one more game before Hyypia left. Maybe leaving out Asustien was his undoing.

I also don't get this, he's fat, etc from certain fans. Whgenever i have seen him about on a matchday he look far from fat.

Maybe fans also need to accept that footballers are people too and as such, are likely to post on social media. If they are offended by someone doing that because they are a footballer, maybe they should simply ignore them on that platform rather than wonder / worry about what they do in their free time. (do people wonder if what you do in your own free time after you finish work is considered professional enough for that company / business / whatever)

I don't agree with this. I rber a lot of excitement when he was signed. I saw him in his first away game at Leeds. He couldn't be bothered to warm up at half time and his arrogant attitude was plain to see. For me he has deserved all the criticism he has got -whether he's fat or not!

Oct 25, 2003
if you've seen pictures of him with his top off you'll see that he definitely isn't fat. he is of that build though that really isn't useful in football...very 'chunky'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
if you've seen pictures of him with his top off you'll see that he definitely isn't fat. he is of that build though that really isn't useful in football...very 'chunky'

And no doubt "big boned"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here