Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Why's everyone started saying "mac AND cheese" ?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
And since when did macaroni cheese become a side dish FFS! It's hardly one of your five-a-day...

This all the way. Nobody would have a side of ravioli would they! No wonder we are all getting as fat as pigs!

Was having this discussion about 'Mac & Cheese' with the Mrs the other day and she simply couldn't grasp what the problem is. It will all end in divorce one day

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I thought the thread was about Big Mac and cheese as I have never heard macaroni cheese referred to as that. I love Macaroni Cheese if it is made properly with strong cheese as wife insists that it isnt the quantity of the cheese that gives it the taste but the strength of the cheese used.

That would count most American cheese out then.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
In footh I knoweth not whye peple must fubverte our quite quaintly langage. Verily it efcapeth me.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I've inadvertantly started doing that, no idea why, it was picked up on today

I do that too, I also say anywheres, it really annoys me! And I put 'so' in front of sentences. When I went to Ireland last year I noticed they put 'so' at the end ...

Me: So, where do I get a bus to Blah De Blah please?
Bus Info Person: Over there, so
Me: So, Can you I buy a ticket from you(s) or on the bus?
BIP: You can buy one on the bus, so
Me: Thank-you. So when does the bus leave?
BIP: In about tree minutes or so, so
BIP: I'll sell you a ticket so. The driver is a miserable fekking b'stard, so

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I like Macaroni Cheese, but I've just remembered my childhood favourite pudding was Macaroni Custard. Did anyone else have that, or was it just my Mum being inventive in filling us up when times were hard? A nice little blob of strawberry jam in the middle for a touch of decadence. Lovely.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I like Macaroni Cheese, but I've just remembered my childhood favourite pudding was Macaroni Custard. Did anyone else have that, or was it just my Mum being inventive in filling us up when times were hard? A nice little blob of strawberry jam in the middle for a touch of decadence. Lovely.

We used to have macaroni pudding which was macaroni (obviously) with milk and sugar. I never had it with custard.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Also saying grilled cheese instead of toasted cheese sandwich or cheese toastie.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

that sounds good! I don't like jam though so I'd grate some dark chocolate over the top. :thumbsup:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
Went to Costco today and saw this, so had to buy a box :thumbsup:

001.JPG

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Mac ‘n’ tard? The best.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here