Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwood bid rejected!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He's out of contract in a few months, no way they bid 8m for him!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk
He's under contract next season to us.

Of course 8million is a misprint.

We are probably just trying to get a few more pounds and an improved bid could see Norwood out of the albion door.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We should hold out to get back thr money we paid for him. Seems to be the way of it these days, even for players who haven’t succeeded (Mitrovic ). I think that was 2 or 3 mill.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
He's under contract next season to us.

Of course 8million is a misprint.

We are probably just trying to get a few more pounds and an improved bid could see Norwood out of the albion door.
Ahh yes, you're correct, I didn't realise he signed a 3 year contract.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This always amazes me about the loan system....a player needs games at his club, gets loaned out...gets games, really enjoys it, new clubs fans love him...he wants to stay.

I can see this happening to goldson.

Btw. Why do fans think it is acceptable to refer to our players as "dead wood"?

Agreed re: Dead Wood. See also “stiffs” in common usage for u23s because they don’t produce £15m prem league first teamers every 2 minutes.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This always amazes me about the loan system....a player needs games at his club, gets loaned out...gets games, really enjoys it, new clubs fans love him...he wants to stay.

I can't. Getting game time for Goldson is for the purpose of developing him. The feeling with Norwood was that he was/is a good player, but not best suited to being one half of a midfield two.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Agreed re: Dead Wood. See also “stiffs” in common usage for u23s because they don’t produce £15m prem league first teamers every 2 minutes.

To be fair, stiffs is a term used in cricket a lot for the second team...I have use s that for years, but would never refer to my team's players as deadwood no matter how I thought about them.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

I think the reference to "stiffs" has moved on a bit since my playing days then. The stiffs were the kids/guys outside of the team, watching on. Didn't so much take it as a knock or a slight on them, more just a reference to people standing and watching on the sidelines getting cold, and well, stiff. If they got called upon at the last minute, they weren't necessarily prepared, and certainly wouldn't have warmed up, leaving them a bit stiff.

Quite how it gets used for the U23s, who are running around and playing all the time doesn't really fit with how we used to use the phrase.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Can we use Celtic's pricing calculator? By my reckoning negotiations should start no lower than £25M.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I think the reference to "stiffs" has moved on a bit since my playing days then. The stiffs were the kids/guys outside of the team, watching on. Didn't so much take it as a knock or a slight on them, more just a reference to people standing and watching on the sidelines getting cold, and well, stiff. If they got called upon at the last minute, they weren't necessarily prepared, and certainly wouldn't have warmed up, leaving them a bit stiff.

Quite how it gets used for the U23s, who are running around and playing all the time doesn't really fit with how we used to use the phrase.

'stiffs' were the reserves in my day ?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
'stiffs' were the reserves in my day ?

Yeah, could include them, either stood around as a reserve for the 1st team, or if they were off playing a half-serious reserve game. Not exactly an insult though was it?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I agree his name is Nor wood

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
A little lightweight but a good tidy player with an eye for a through ball. Our tactics of playing strong midfielders with defensive duties over attack would never suit his game. Cash in!!

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011

I agreed. Whoever said Poor-Wood was much better. :moo:

In all seriousness though he is a mid-table championship player which is why hes doing well with Fulham - playing at his level.

With abitions for us to stay/return to the prem though, cant see him ever playing for us again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] announced a competition to post in the style of the [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] algorithm?

Good effort, I have to say.

You constantly jump in on this idea but it is done to (a) unload unwanted players (b) not spend money and possibly get greater value than those going are worth. eg Cairney alone is probably value at £12m so if we did a straight swap Norwood and Hemed for him that would be great value as we would never get £12m or anywhere near selling them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here