Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queue here to complain the Premier League isn't as good as The Championship

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Supporters.

I encountered two different groups of Man City supporters today. First bunch tried pushing over the barriers at the train station when our train arrived. When challenged said they got lairy and said they were just "holding" the barriers. On then on the train I had to put up with a bunch of supporters who were so intoxicated it was difficult to know if they were drunk or mentally retarded. One guy started giving it to a Brighton fan but was so drunk he struggled to compose words and no one actually understood what he was saying; the argy bargy dissolved itself due to his inability to say much.

Another guy started going on about having more money....looking at him, his demeanour, and his clothing and then looking at his victim I'd say it was the exact opposite. This might have been a club versus club thing though.

I don't recall ever encountering such cock sure bell end supporters in the lower leagues.

Leeds

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Walking back to the coach park I met many sat on the wall and grass bank drinking bitter (always a sign of a good fan). All had nothing but good words about us and "don't worry, you'll not go down". But in the coach park one small group of around 8 'lads' gave it the verbals of going down.
The fact that the away end opened at the same time as the home gates and very little segregation in the ground (hence 30412) means they must be the better side of Manchester.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
be prepared for plenty more of that HT when the away end is rammed to the point of overflowing as it will be for numerous games this season , you are bound to be affronted by inebriated cock wombles on an increased frequency......i was going to list the teams where you are likely to be affronted and or offended but it would be far quicker to list the teams for which you will not be assailed by drunken loonies......

I did all that on another thread which led to a certain amount of derision.
City are generally ok, always going to get some that are nuts from any club, but far worse is to come.
The station and train both ways could be a nightmare for some games.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A few in the Evening Star and then on the bus up to the ground all good lads who knew their stuff. Church mice in the ground until they scored though. Apparently it's ok again to jump over the advertising hoardings and make gestures to the home fans again just like it was in the good old days as well.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I did all that on another thread which led to a certain amount of derision.
City are generally ok, always going to get some that are nuts from any club, but far worse is to come.
The station and train both ways could be a nightmare for some games.

the denialists have got a rude awakening coming....some of the teams from town will be running amok down here as will a few of the midlands mobs.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think this season we have the 'novelty' value. We know we're going to struggle in a lot of matches. If we stay up it will be a great achievement. So I suppose the big question is how will we feel if its going to be like this year after year? I spoke to a Palarse fan on a train recently and he was saying every year they spend loads of money just to stand still. The aim has to be to become a club like Southampton where we can finish in the top half of the table and actually give teams like CIty a decent game - but if that did happen it would probably take a good few years to get there.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Got chatting two City fans, father and son, in the queue for the train. Very friendly, pleased with the result after the first hour and complimentary about everything they had experienced, with the exception of aforementioned queue for the train. Asked them about away venues in the PL and they said they have no problem anywhere even Old Trafford, which is surprising, except Goodison Park, which isn't. Helpful advice re getting to the Etihad too. I had always imagined it was out of the centre, but it is closer to Manchester Picadilly than Maine Road, a 10 minute train ride, or to park at Altrincham at the motorway junction and get the tram in from there. Good lads imo.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Someone posted on the BBC website calling them a team that is bascailly owned by an Emirates state.

I think he has a point. What is 'Manchester City' - what does it mean to be a Manchester City fan? They are just a brand. None of the players come from Manchester, very few even from England. They are owned by a guy from the Middle East who has absolutely no connection with the city or the club, but wants to pour some of his substantial wealth into it as an 'investment'. I seriously wonder how their fans feel any connection at all to the horrible corporate organisation they have become.

If we had been given £200 million to spend over the summer, we might have given them a game. It's all about billionaire investors w**king themselves off over who can attract the best players. The Premier League is in no way a level playing field. It's not really even about sport, it's only about one thing: MONEY.

Been calling em Man Q for quite a while now. It's state sponsored vanity, for when Qatar runs out of oil, they will have other investments globally that meaning they own part of other states. In the old days countries just invaded with troops. Now it's cash. But a football club City are not. Hard to get your head round that because of their heritage, but those were different times. Once you do, it's easier to understand. Sooner the richest (because it would have to be money based) 16 clubs in the world clear off and form their bankers league the better. The rest of us can get back to watching SPORT again. Albeit there'd have to be a redistribution of wealth and rules put in place to stop super leagues 2,3,4 etc with everyone buying into the ethos it's sport first, business 2nd. That way the greedy bunch in the super leagues can just wallow in their bloated 'We've got a bigger bank balance than you super cash Premier championship ultra bestest global universe galaxy stars ever' League....THE BETTER! :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Been calling em Man Q for quite a while now. It's state sponsored vanity, for when Qatar runs out of oil, they will have other investments globally that meaning they own part of other states. In the old days countries just invaded with troops. Now it's cash. But a football club City are not. Hard to get your head round that because of their heritage, but those were different times. Once you do, it's easier to understand. Sooner the richest (because it would have to be money based) 16 clubs in the world clear off and form their bankers league the better. The rest of us can get back to watching SPORT again. Albeit there'd have to be a redistribution of wealth and rules put in place to stop super leagues 2,3,4 etc with everyone buying into the ethos it's sport first, business 2nd. That way the greedy bunch in the super leagues can just wallow in their bloated 'We've got a bigger bank balance than you super cash Premier championship ultra bestest global universe galaxy stars ever' League....THE BETTER! :)

I also forgot to mention that the Etihad was basically bequeathed by the nation to Man City following the Commonwealth Games, whereas other clubs (West Ham excepted) have had to fork out nine-figure sums to build new stadiums. So they even got a helping hand there, even though they didn't exactly need it.

It would be nice to think that one day we could compete with clubs like them, but how can we when they have an investor willing to pour in hundreds of millions to build the perfect team? That's why comments by various people in the media (yes, I'm looking at you, Danny Baker) are so infuriating. What are we supposed to do? Of course we were going to be outclassed.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Two or three spoke to us when we were walking out.......general sense was 'great ground, great fans, good luck'.

Then they got off at Burgess Hill station :lol:

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I was talking to a City fan whilst waiting for the train to Brighton. He sounded southern but his iphone screen saver told the story. Had had a few that day. He moaned about the delays as was going to miss his train connection in Gatwick and was going to complain, in a nice drunk bloke way. Wanted to know how long it would take to walk to Gatwick. Was all good, but am sure a few others would not have managed the drink as well.

Btw the way any City who were complimentary of our performance were being super nice.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Met plenty of City fans in the Albert and green door store last night. Had a great laugh. Sound bunch. Great day & top night

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

What has Qatar got to do with City?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Had a few chant offs on the train after, when they realised they couldn't keep up they happily joined in with our anti palace songs!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here