Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
This statement from Roy will convince Zaha to stay....

Roy: "We haven't been able to strengthen as much as we would have liked and the finances are such that we haven't really got a lot of money to spend on players. The chairman has made it clear to me that certainly this next season it is all about survival again"

So maybe the European challenge will be put off for another season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Roy: "We haven't been able to strengthen as much as we would have liked and the finances are such that we haven't really got a lot of money to spend on players. The chairman has made it clear to me that certainly this next season it is all about survival again"

Put off for another season?

I was led to believe that with the likes of Cabaye, Benteke and Adebayor they've been perennial challengers since they triumphantly returned to the top flight.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

But this can't be right. All the Palace goons on here tell us that it's all rosy and there's nothing to worry about with regard to their finances.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Put off for another season?

I was led to believe that with the likes of Cabaye, Benteke and Adebayor they've been perennial challengers since they triumphantly returned to the top flight.

Wait, wait, wait, do you meant to tell me that since they got promoted four or five years ago the closest they've ever gotten to European football is 10th place and an FA Cup final loss presided over by a dancing buffoon?!

No, nothing about that adds up at all.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Zaha will more than likely stay for the major reason, who the hell is going to blow 70 million pound on a player that tried it with a big club and was a monumental flop, he knows he is a big turd in a small toilet so why risk going anywhere else.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Palace having financial woes? Surely not, it is surely us with our massive debt to our owner and coming from a non footballing town... This is what the gimps up the road think anyway.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, I for one would love to see him in the blue and white stripes. I don't suppose I'm the only one either. Just think of the fallout that would cause with our "friends" up the road.

Just think of the furore it would cause at our end of the M23/A23!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Zaha has quality but he reminds me of Darren Huckerby whilst at Coventry. Looks good for shit team but when he's forced to play as a team member alongside players of a similar/better standard, he's totally brainless and will still try to do everything on his own to the frustration of the players around him.

He's a relegation threatened wonder star but a top end liability.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Zaha is top class no doubt about it, and should be playing for a top 6 side in my opinion.

Palace simply cant afford to pay him the wages he now knows he can get at a top 6 side, simple as that really.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Palace having financial woes? Surely not, it is surely us with our massive debt to our owner and coming from a non footballing town... This is what the gimps up the road think anyway.
I think the word they call us is Tarquins. We let our ground go with out a fight so that means the TV footage, and Media reports were all fabricated like the moon landing?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Zaha has quality but he reminds me of Darren Huckerby whilst at Coventry. Looks good for shit team but when he's forced to play as a team member alongside players of a similar/better standard, he's totally brainless and will still try to do everything on his own to the frustration of the players around him.

He's a relegation threatened wonder star but a top end liability.

That's all nonsense, tbh. He's clearly a very good player, despite the tantrums and theatricals. You can't judge his chances of success at a big club, purely on how he coped previously when he was very much younger. He has all he needs to do very well in a good team, in truth.

Hopefully we'll found out soon.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I think the word they call us is Tarquins. We let our ground go with out a fight so that means the TV footage, and Media reports were all fabricated like the moon landing?

They really are a special bunch...but as they have only been around since 2010 I suppose we can cut them a bit of slack and try to educate them!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
They really are a special bunch...but as they have only been around since 2010 I suppose we can cut them a bit of slack and try to educate them!
That's the thing, you can't educate them, they are stuck in this warped bubble and they just regurgitate they same bollox time after time and present it as fact.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Just been doing a bit of swamp wading and came across this gem of a thread.

https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=172238

Some truly amazing ignorance on there. Many fans with absolutely no idea that their "£13m profit" was actually a loss propped up by player sales.

No mention whatsoever that they spend more on wages and player write downs than they get in income. Not one person has brought this up despite them being the ONLY Premier League club in this embarrassing, unsustainable and financially perilous position.

Most with no clue at all what FFP actually means and how it affects their club.

Some even complaining that they "have no ambition" despite the HUGE spend on players and wages in the past few years.

A few sane voices in there but deary me. What deluded halfwits most of them are. Sleepwalking into a crisis, it's funny.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Hodgson hasn't singed a new contract extension, Sakho won't sing a new contract extension, Zaha won't sing a contract extension, Cabaye gone off to the desert, Townsend is wanted back at Newcastle, and no pot to piss in.
Admin 3 is waiting around the corner.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hodgson hasn't singed a new contract extension, Sakho won't sing a new contract extension, Zaha won't sing a contract extension, Cabaye gone off to the desert, Townsend is wanted back at Newcastle, and no pot to piss in.
Admin 3 is waiting around the corner.

The sale of Zaha, for £50m, would single-handedly avert* administration, should it come to that.

*of course that is a post based on the assumption that the club would WANT to avert it. There is always the option of EMBRACING it, wiping out a load of debt, then borrowing a load more to fund a Zaha pay rise :shrug:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The sale of Zaha, for £50m, would single-handedly avert* administration, should it come to that.

*of course that is a post based on the assumption that the club would WANT to avert it. There is always the option of EMBRACING it, wiping out a load of debt, then borrowing a load more to fund a Zaha pay rise :shrug:

Palace would never do that, they're a respectable Premier League football club.:ffsparr:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
That's the thing, you can't educate them, they are stuck in this warped bubble and they just regurgitate they same bollox time after time and present it as fact.

You couldn't educate us as you spouted constant bollocks . I've noticed you visit the bbs quite often but never speak anymore .???

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Zaha is a brilliant player and easily good enough for a top 6 side. If you ask all premier league defenders which player they least enjoyed facing he would definitely be near the top of the list.

If I was Spurs I would be handing Palace a cheque for £50m today, he is exactly what they need.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope he goes to another club really really late in the window. Now the WC is over the transfer train will pick up a few gears, (do trains have gears?)hopefully with some publicised interest in the next few days to turn Zaha’s head.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here