Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Inbetweeners is 10 years old

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Love it.

Favourite scene. When Wills Mum meets Phil in his office regarding Wills work experience at the garage.
Wills mum tells phil about how they threw him into a river almost naked.
He has to leave the office in hysterics.
Quality actor.

He has some of the best lines

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But my all time favourite is Jay and the ice cream lady.....
I don't think I could pick an all time favourite, as this is probably my favourite comedy since Alan Partridge and Father Ted.

That said, Simon doing the fashion parade with his right bollock poking out of his undercrackers was a first class chuckle, along with the bit in the park where the disabled girl takes Will's frisby and he tries to get it back. Actually, when they reverse in the Thorpe Park car park and take the door off the car - that was laugh out loud too.

I give up - too many quality moments. :lol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The two series of I'm Alan Partridge are the best comedy Britain has produced in my opinion. As close to comedy perfection as you're gonna get. Inbetweeners runs a close second.
Honourable mentions must go to :

Human Remains
Nighty Night
Friday Night Dinner
And one which stands out but is rarely mentioned... Plebs. I love that one.

Both Friday Night dinner and Plebs star Jim Rosenthal's son. Fact fans.

Another Son based fact: The eldest son in Outnumbered, the passable family sitcom, is the offspring of one Mr Ben Dover.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Sure I've said this on here before but I was late to the Inbetweeners and, while I was aware of it's existence, and it's popularity I didn't know any of the classic lines.

One day I was walking over the zebra crossing at the south end of Preston Park and group of lads drove past, and one of them leaned out and shouted 'BACKPACK WANKER' at me. I didn't have a clue what he was on about, but couldn't stop laughing. My wife still calls me 'backpack wanker' every now and again :lol:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The two series of I'm Alan Partridge are the best comedy Britain has produced in my opinion. As close to comedy perfection as you're gonna get. Inbetweeners runs a close second.

Human Remains
Nighty Night
Friday Night Dinner

Another Son based fact: The eldest son in Outnumbered, the passable family sitcom, is the offspring of one Mr Ben Dover.

Human Remains is vastly under rated. Plus one is filmed in Peacehaven, for added excitement.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bus Wankers is a comedy gold moment

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Human Remains
Nighty Night
Friday Night Dinner

I agree with all of that. New series of Friday night dinner tonight actually!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Totally agree with all the sentiment regarding the show. I absolutely love it, although the second film wasn't great.

Also, I met Joe Thomas in real life - the guy lacks any personality and charisma. Can't knock what he's achieved though!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I agree with all of that. New series of Friday night dinner tonight actually!
Really? That's great news, I've just finished watching the first two series on Netflix but I had no idea they were doing another.

The episode where Jim stays for dinner ... I was pissing myself the whole way through.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And one day after the 10th anniversary of it's emergence, what is now the best new comedy to have emerged in the last decade?

I dunno but Inbetweeners, The Office and Partridge is some illustrious company.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here