Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Just Before The Israel Thread Got Crassly Closed...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When a thread is about the situation in Israel dealing with Kayal and Hemed being Palestinian and Jewish why in L.Ron's name is Jesus' name brought into the conversation?
Palestine/Israel and Jesus. Could the link be place of birth, Jesus having been born there?

.................which is more than can be said for L/Ron Hubbard!

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
... [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] was mooting the idea of ghettoising NSC into football/current affairs sections over the summer. Managed to CTRL-C just before the crass closure happened.

Sincerely hope not. Many of us would then go elsewhere for our fix. To take a current example, what's this [Israel} thread, football section or political/current affairs section?

Healthiest forum for debate ihmo is to leave the board exactly as is.Seems to me a great badge of honour for NSC that some other club fan once posted something like 'Fook me, they'll talk about anything other than football on there'. Long may it remain the case.

Once again I find myself agreeing with THPP.

That's TWICE now in the past 5 years!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I think things should be separate. I come on here for footie talk. I don't care for politics as it always ends with some one getting offended. I also think soap operas should be banned from ANY discussion, as they are all rubbish

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yet you continually post in the political threads. How odd.

No. I'm sure. I mean you. You're always popping up
In those shithouse threads.

You are talking crap and you are also wrong.

I am not someone that argues about politics on here, at work, in the pub or at home.
I have little interest in politics, I have never mentioned on here who I vote for or support.

Are you on some sort of wind up?

Point out any ' shithouse' threads i have commented on or STFU.

Mr Clamp, I think you might owe bn9 bha an apology.

Out of 48K posts on the Brexit thread, he has contributed just 10 of them.

If the link doesn't work, click on Replies in the middle of the title of the thread, and it details every contributor and how many posts they've made in one particular thread.

http://www.northstandchat.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=343854

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Anyway.....

The idea of splitting the board resurfaces every now and again like a bad penny. It was a bad idea last time, and it remains a bad idea. Leave the Big Board alone in all its glory.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Once again I find myself agreeing with THPP.

That's TWICE now in the past 5 years!

besties.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes i agree, and I have pointed out to him that he has confused me with another poster.

Either that or he is desperate for attention and I've never given him any before. :)

It appears I do indeed owe you an apology. Sorry, my mistake and my unwarranted insults. Sincere apologies.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Mr Clamp, I think you might owe bn9 bha an apology.

Out of 48K posts on the Brexit thread, he has contributed just 10 of them.

If the link doesn't work, click on Replies in the middle of the title of the thread, and it details every contributor and how many posts they've made in one particular thread.

http://www.northstandchat.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=343854

Many thanks for posting that, I really appreciate you calling him out.

As you know the Brexit thread is many threads joined into one, 6 of my posts seem to be about university and not political.
Not sure how a discussion about university courses got derailed to Brexit.
Some others are about a thread to sign a petition, I commented on there being no link, and not knowing what the petition was about.

I am still waiting for The Clamp/ Nibble to find any proof of what he has claimed.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It appears I do indeed owe you an apology. Sorry, my mistake and my unwarranted insults. Sincere apologies.

Apologies accepted.

Thanks for putting the record straight.

I didn't see this post until I had already replied to Thunderbolt ( post #51 )

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Many thanks for posting that, I really appreciate you calling him out.

As you know the Brexit thread is many threads joined into one, 6 of my posts seem to be about university and not political.
Not sure how a discussion about university courses got derailed to Brexit.
Some others are about a thread to sign a petition, I commented on there being no link, and not knowing what the petition was about.

I am still waiting for The Clamp/ Nibble to find any proof of what he has claimed.

Sorry.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Apologies accepted.

Thanks for putting the record straight.

I didn't see this post until I had already replied to Thunderbolt ( post #51 )

Is it possible that you have been confused with a somewhat younger, less mature and less experienced purveyor of copper piping and associated materials ???

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don’t think I would come on here if it was football only.

I know that’s not this point but I like to know about photography, chess and the most popular biscuits at the moment.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If only there was some way of telling that a thread was about politics before you opened them so people who don't like them don't have to read them.

What? Oh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here