Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty SOCKS it to the NSC LICKERS (& Hyypia) in the Herald this week

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
This thread would have been far more interesting had harty simply queried "Is Bozza a puppet for Barber?" as someone has suggested.

Wouldn't take long for the usual suspects to jump to his defence mind you...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Apologies, I am new here, who is Harty?

russelharty.jpg

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
What absolute horseshit this is:

I’m not for one minute suggesting that Paul Barber, or anyone else at the club is controlling or censoring the forum, but as emotions run high certain threads have been deemed controversial /libellous by moderators and have been removed.

Bozza, it's not just Harty that thinks this. I've heard it from a few. The best thing for NSC to do would be to confirm how many threads have been deleted in the last couple of months and state why. We only need the title of the thread and a reason.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bozza, it's not just Harty that thinks this. I've heard it from a few. The best thing for NSC to do would be to confirm how many threads have been deleted in the last couple of months and state why. We only need the title of the thread and a reason.

Yes, because I have nothing better to do with my time.

Here is a screen shot of the 'secret' deleted threads forum accessible only to NSC moderators. There's precious little there from the past few months other than spamming posts and some ticket sales.

NSC is full of Albion views right across the spectrum - positive, negative and, in some cases, some quite outrageous conspiracy theories. Many I do not agree with but unless they look legally questionable, they are allowed to stand.

More years ago than I care to remember, I took NSC on because of how important I thought it to be for Albion fans to have an independent sounding board. Also, many years ago, under the direction of the club, posts WERE removed from NSC to suit a particular club agenda. I vowed that would never happen under my ownership and I genuinely believe it never has.

Whenever anyone has a pop at me, it always causes a few people to crawl out the woodwork and join in. They are always people who don't know me. Some of those who defend me are those who know me, my personality and are privy to more of my thoughts than I expose on here. They speak from a position of knowledge as opposed to one of none, yet they are then derided by the same group as are lining up to have a go at me. I don't find it upsetting - it's gone on for too many years now, but I do find it bizarre. I've put tens of thousands of hours into this site which has largely been a bastion of good for Albion fans, as well as proceeds from the site supporting many charities to the tune of many thousands of pounds, but some just can't wait to criticise. It's all very strange.

Screen Shot 2014-11-08 at 08.42.38.png

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Here is a screen shot of the 'secret' deleted threads forum accessible only to NSC moderators. There's precious little there from the past few months other than spamming posts and some ticket sales.

NSC is full of Albion views right across the spectrum - positive, negative and, in some cases, some quite outrageous conspiracy theories. Many I do not agree with but unless they look legally questionable, they are allowed to stand.

More years ago than I care to remember, I took NSC on because of how important I thought it to be for Albion fans to have an independent sounding board. Also, many years ago, under the direction of the club, posts WERE removed from NSC to suit a particular club agenda. I vowed that would never happen under my ownership and I genuinely believe it never has.

Whenever anyone has a pop at me, it always causes a few people to crawl out the woodwork and join in. They are always people who don't know me. Some of those who defend me are those who know me, my personality and are privy to more of my thoughts than I expose on here. They speak from a position of knowledge as opposed to one of none, yet they are then derided by the same group as are lining up to have a go at me. I don't find it upsetting - it's gone on for too many years now, but I do find it bizarre. I've put tens of thousands of hours into this site which has largely been a bastion of good for Albion fans, as well as proceeds from the site supporting many charities to the tune of many thousands of pounds, but some just can't wait to criticise. It's all very strange.

View attachment 59984

Damn right.

I honestly wonder why you (we) bother sometimes.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Thanks, Bozza, you saved me the time of posting the same thing.
[MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] I see you've apologised in the other thread for your musings last night about alleged conversations invovivng Paul Samrah, PB and Bozza, but have taken the opportunity to say that you don't apologise for the Herald piece. In light of the disclosure about which threads have been deleted, perhaps you will now reconsider that decision? IMO, you should reconsider and publish a retraction in the Herald.

On the general point about mods somehow being involved in a grand conspiracy and following a party line: it's total BS. As the newest mod, I have been feeling my way a bit, seeking input from other mods in the mod forum about specific posts before acting. The first thing to say is that there are disparate views among the mod community. What presses one mod's buttons does not necessarily press others. A second thing is that it is a myth to suggest that Bozza gives instructions that we are expected to follow (except surrounding nudey women, swearing, direct personal abuse of another user in intemperate language & where a post may be libellous). An example: A week or so ago [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] posted a thread about how we should deal with a particular topic and made a suggestion. I strongly agreed with his suggestion and "mentioned" Bozza, seeking his view. Bozza's response? "Do what you think is right".

There are no guidelines about modding that are not well known to the community, and are listed in the above paragraph. Bozza has assembled/inherited(?) a team of mods for reasons that are unknown to me and, in the vast majority of cases, leaves us to get on with it. There is recent public evidence that if he thinks a mod has stepped out of line, he will deal it. Speaking personally, I have no clue why he asked me to be a mod, the invitation arrived out of the blue in a PM. I have met him precisely twice: once when I picked up a TV he was selling on here, the second at the Burton game. At least half of the modding team I have never met.

It is total BS that there is some grand conspiracy.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
was qualification for the play-offs last season more about luck than ability?

It takes a lot of luck to get 72 points, lose only 12 games, beat the promoted top 3 Burnley, Leicester, and QPR. And if it wasn't ability then Harty must presumably be questioning the contributions made by for example the rather good Upson, Ward, Ulloa, Bruno, Buckley, Conway, Barnes, Lingard et al and putting the season completely down to the fact that we had the odd dodgy penalty (we did against Millwall), everyone else inexplicably didn't maintain their form over a 46 game season and those mad tactics employed by Garcia of winning lots of games by preventing the other team scoring were the actions of a manager who simply didn't know what he was doing from one week to the next.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

--- I've put tens of thousands of hours into this site which has largely been a bastion of good for Albion fans, as well as proceeds from the site supporting many charities to the tune of many thousands of pounds, but some just can't wait to criticise. It's all very strange.

NSC is the healthy, well run community/forum that it is down to volunteers like [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and his team of volunteer, unpaid moderators who do it out of a love of the club and because they're motivated by giving fans an independent voice.. From my experience of how forums are run it runs incredibly smoothly (the forum has loads of features, users are consulted about change, its hardly ever down, the club itself contributes regularly, spammers mostly steer clear, it has a sensible approach to the law, its really diverse in topics, views and mini communities).
The work that goes into making it so is largely hidden from view but shouldn't be underestimated and should be saluted by all of us on here and all Albion fans. In many many ways it goes to making the club better, it supports some Albion flavoured charities close to our hearts but more importantly its a vital, healthy, funny and supportive community for us to waste* hours and hours of our time.

And FWIW i've also never met [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] but i'm grateful, alongside others running zines/independent media, Harty in the past, Sam and Stef from long missed TSLR, Ady,Al from Albion Roar, We are Brighton and many many bloggers, for his work on NSC over the last decade and all of their unpaid time giving fans a voice. Its vital and healthy for our club given our history. And everyone else on here should do too...

* thats what Mrs CJ said. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here