Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Really ?

Mike Smithson [MENTION=20472]msmith[/MENTION]sonPB · 1h 1 hour ago

ICM, TNS, Populus, Opinium, Survation, and Ipsos-MORI all have UKIP with increased shares. The others have no change.

Hmm, I was looking at the BBC poll of polls, that seems to indicate a general decline in the past few weeks?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Hmm, I was looking at the BBC poll of polls, that seems to indicate a general decline in the past few weeks?

BBC............. :lolol::rolleyes: Well that's like doing half the hokey cokey.............You put your left leg in, your left leg out, in out in out and you shake it all about...........

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Their poll share has risen in the last 4 or 5 days which contradicts a general consensus that Labour and Conservatives will squeeze the minor parties in the run up to election day.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
BBC............. :lolol::rolleyes: Well that's like doing half the hokey cokey.............You put your left leg in, your left leg out, in out in out and you shake it all about...........
you might like to look up and understand what a poll of polls is, its not for BBC to modify to their supposed bias.

Their poll share has risen in the last 4 or 5 days which contradicts a general consensus that Labour and Conservatives will squeeze the minor parties in the run up to election day.

pb21 said theres a decline in the past few weeks in the poll of polls. there has been. and it looks like thats continued as a trend in the past week too. UKIP has gone from high teens at the end of last year down to 14, a tick up and now back down to 13%. the benefit of looking at the poll of polls is it filters and smooths out some of the errors, and is inherently from a much larger sample than the polls themselves.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
A bit more on the Major speech today - I know its from The Telegraph, but still:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/gen...gn-of-a-most-definitely-brighter-Britain.html

For me personally, Major is someone I can look to and say, if he can do it, why can't I - he connected the issues to real life. People talking negatively about the speech - if you had been there, you'd understand - this quote for me sums up why I got into politics:

"Politics is about passion. And it’s about people. It isn’t about statistics. You can talk about the economy going up, or three per cent growth – well, that excites the political cognoscenti, it excites the columnists. But three per cent growth means nothing unless it improves your living standards, improves your job, gives your children a job... Behind this sloganising of economics [are] people. We should focus on people. People, people, people.”

Quite simply - a brilliant bit of batting.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
YouGov poll out later might be disappointing for Labour as negativity over Nicola Krankie telling Ed what to do as part of the Conservative scaremongering is digested. On the other hand 485 thousand registered to vote on the cut off day (yesterday) and they could have an influence on many results around the UK.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The BBC poll shows:
Labour 34%
Conservative 34%
UKIP 13%
Lib Dem 9%

It's going to be a fascinating election this time around.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
as just posted on another forum. Labour deputy health minister torn a new one by Andrew Neal, pulls plug on interview :)

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The BBC poll shows:
Labour 34%
Conservative 34%
UKIP 13%
Lib Dem 9%

It's going to be a fascinating election this time around.

Problem is that won't give Tories a majority so expect plenty of press interference from the Mail and Murdoch's rags especially as they try and fix the result in their favour.

It's not the Labour/SNP coalition to be scared of it is the Tories and Murdoch one

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Problem is that won't give Tories a majority so expect plenty of press interference from the Mail and Murdoch's rags especially as they try and fix the result in their favour.

It's not the Labour/SNP coalition to be scared of it is the Tories and Murdoch one
Surely all Sun readers are UKIP these days.

:wink:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
as just posted on another forum. Labour deputy health minister torn a new one by Andrew Neal, pulls plug on interview :)

Really poor. Almost Green Party level. Little depth in the party but at least the SNP will provide some, albeit with an agenda to split the country

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

That was brilliant.

Great to see politicians (of all parties) shown up....here is another to have a laugh at. Enjoy.

[yt]YzGyEXPDQBI[/yt]

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I thinkthis is just the wake up call to those outside of Scotland. It will boast Tory votes and i suspect will now result in a tory lead coalition. If its labour and snp i think you are right, labour will be massively damaged

You don't have to be rich to be a Tory,I was bought up in a Labour supporting family,I was a Union man in the 70s,now a state pensioner..yet vote Tory....why,because I saw the Unions lose jobs,lose production,Labour almost crawling to Red Robbo,our cars were the laughing stock of the world...the tag made in Britain was something to be ashamed of. Now Unemployment is down,wages rising,inflation at the lowest ever...the country is beginning to blossom.Why throw that away with Red Ed who will dancing to Nicola Strugeons tune (who has already stated that most of the Mansion tax will go to Scotlands NHS.) and go back to borrow and tax and debt.
I am by no means rich but I'm not jealous of people who are,they provide jobs,production...squeeze them too hard and they will upsticks and take their jobs abroad,leaving our unemployment figures on the rise..
All the envy in politics will destroy this country.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You don't have to be rich to be a Tory,I was bought up in a Labour supporting family,I was a Union man in the 70s,now a state pensioner..yet vote Tory....why,because I saw the Unions lose jobs,lose production,Labour almost crawling to Red Robbo,our cars were the laughing stock of the world...the tag made in Britain was something to be ashamed of. Now Unemployment is down,wages rising,inflation at the lowest ever...the country is beginning to blossom.Why throw that away with Red Ed who will dancing to Nicola Strugeons tune (who has already stated that most of the Mansion tax will go to Scotlands NHS.) and go back to borrow and tax and debt.
I am by no means rich but I'm not jealous of people who are,they provide jobs,production...squeeze them too hard and they will upsticks and take their jobs abroad,leaving our unemployment figures on the rise..
All the envy in politics will destroy this country.

Many people have been put off with the thought of a Labour SNP alliance, i know of a few that were on the fence that have now steered away from Labour.
I also think a lot of voters that are not happy with the Cons will not actually vote for Labour when the day of reckoning comes......their memory of 13 years and the state of the country when they were pumped will surface.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Just as long as it's Nicola that's PM rather than crazy hand waving Ed 'to the people at home' Milliband.

So you prefer a Scottish MP who will receive NO votes in England to rule England,break up the union and strip this country of it's nuclear defence and get the South to pay for Scotland's debt?....good thinking Batman...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here