Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck in the new year from Huddersfield!

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Always liked Huddersfield and had decency to do us a guard of honour when promoted from league one. Done well to hold onto Wagner (for now) who comes across as a class act and who is working miracles with squad he has. Team spirit and a manager who knows how to get a results takes you a long way in this division and no reason you could not be going up in the playoffs this season

But wasn't that the year we couldn't keep up with the Scum and they won the Championship in the first time in it's history by coming second?

Unpopulist

Dec 24, 2016
Nope, I'm here! COME ON TOWN,!!

To be fair, waggers has town playing some damn good stuff, but they need another striker alongside nakki!

Don't you mean alongside kachunga? It's not just the forwards though, they need more goals from midfield. Town's position is built on numerous fragile one goal margins which is why their form seemed to downturn so much. Half way through the season and not beaten anyone remotely convincingly with a goal difference of nil. Town are no way a threat to Brighton.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I like Brighton. And this forum is way more civilised than any other footie forum I've visited. So after lurking a while I thought I'd say hello this New Year's Eve. I was sorry you missed out last season but think you'll do it this year.

As for Huddersfield, I think they'll fade away the next few weeks. They're only fourth by virtue of a head start when other teams were slow to get going and a very easy December, in which they still dropped points other top teams wouldn't. I've been predicting they'll get no more than 65 points for a while and cynic I am, even I had Blackburn at home down as 3 points! Unless they sign a player or two in Jan that can score goals mid table is best they can expect.

Good luck!
They're or you're 4th because you're or they're the 4th best side in the division....It's that simple and good luck for the rest of the season.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Oh and Huddersfield were my dark horse bet before the season started. I felt quite clever for a while.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Prefer Huddersfield to be in play offs as the Yorkshire team, rather than Massive or Massive with a chip on their shoulder (Weds and Leeds)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Don't you mean alongside kachunga? It's not just the forwards though, they need more goals from midfield. Town's position is built on numerous fragile one goal margins which is why their form seemed to downturn so much. Half way through the season and not beaten anyone remotely convincingly with a goal difference of nil. Town are no way a threat to Brighton.

Don't be too disheartened... We didn't beat anyone by more than 1 goal until we beat Brentford 3-0 at home in Feb of last season... it's possible!

All the best for the rest of season (except when we come to your place - and if you overtake us (which I hope won't be possible))

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here