Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there actually any truth in the Glenn Murray speculation?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Done deal it seems......why anyone would not want him back is beyond me, proven at this level, still lives in Brighton and wants to come back it....unfinished business :clap2:

Not necessarily. See post #255. It seems Eddie Howe isn't keen on the idea.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can you imagine watching Zamora and Murray upfront with Crofts and Sidwell in the middle.

The only thing missing would be Withdean stadium.

I have VERY fond memories of Withdean and the teams that those players turned out for. Anyone remember when we used to score for fun? What's not to like, even if it was in the pissing rain?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not necessarily. See post #255. It seems Eddie Howe isn't keen on the idea.

Eddie Howe is bluffing IMO, if not he is going to have squad of 25 very top heavy with strikers assuming he is going to include his other expensive signings

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
So GM joined Palace and now every Brighton fan should hate him?

I like the distant rivalry we have with Palace, but I have to admit, there's nothing more cringy than people taking it a tad too far.

Murray would help get us to the Prem if he returned. That can only be a good thing.

This, this and this again. Get him in.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's a yes for me.

(1) Because he was and is a bloody good player still, as we saw when he was on loan at Reading last season.

(2) Because I think his style will suit our game

(3) Because, in spite of everything, him re-joining us (and hopefully being successful on the pitch) will, just very slightly, disappoint many Palace fans, who've always liked to imagine that he's one of theirs at heart. It's a small thing, but it will grate with them. Which can only be good.

Murray won't have a sniff of a start now they have Grabban & Afobe. Why sit on the bench at his age? He's not going to get a medal for Bournemouth finishing sixteenth.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Who's that man from Workington
Who's that man we all grudgingly tolerate
Glenn Murray is his name
And he'll score in at least 1 in 2 games (as evidenced by all bar his first season at Palace)
And we won't mention ulloa any more

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pretty much as Warren says for me - gives us another decent forward option, so not a bad outcome if it happens. I guess just not the 'exciting' multi-million pound signing many were hoping for so maybe a bit underwhelming. With the ability and flair we've got on the wings now, any half-decent striker will get plenty of chances.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Do we think this is "it"?

I don't. Would be very surprised if we don't sign a player before the transfer window closes.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Do we really want him ?, we have got similar options with Zamora and dare I say it Hemed. If you look at his record, its not that great, he seems to have a good season then a bad one, think we all are being a bit nostalgic. Did we not have a club strategy and believe in getting in young players for the future and also no loans, so i hope this is just a paper story with no legs.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's a yes for me.

(1) Because he was and is a bloody good player still, as we saw when he was on loan at Reading last season.

(2) Because I think his style will suit our game

(3) Because, in spite of everything, him re-joining us (and hopefully being successful on the pitch) will, just very slightly, disappoint many Palace fans, who've always liked to imagine that he's one of theirs at heart. It's a small thing, but it will grate with them. Which can only be good.

Murray won't have a sniff of a start now they have Grabban & Afobe. Why sit on the bench at his age? He's not going to get a medal for Bournemouth finishing sixteenth.

Exactly all of this. It's a win win for us and him.

I can't think for one minute why anyone would see this as a bad thing.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Painting all the seats green and peeling off the seat numbers would be a good start.

And somehow having better catering from a load of burger vans than a "state of the art" stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here