Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
All this is not doing Stockdales reputation any favors .At the moment other key members of the squad have signed,DS after we won promotion which is understandable.Stockdale will not break the wage structure (stupid ! ) and will not get a 4 year contract.Has he been offered more money elsewhere?Then move ,fair enough.Or does the club rate him,longer term with Walton waiting in the wings?

I don't think this is damaging Stockdale's reputation at all.

This is a huge decision for him, at his age he probably won't be in a position to get such contract offers again.

I think the club will give him at least until the middle of June to decide one way or the other.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Did we learn nothing from the Dale Stephens saga?

We, as fans know nothing, we guess, we take in rumours, we look for hidden meanings in every word of the club and player, we worry over seemingly negative tweets, we believe every post on message boards from posters we've never met, who's credibility and accuracy, is debatable at best.We believe endless nonsense from websites that have less of a clue about what is going on than undiscovered tribes in the Amazonian jungle, and in the end its always guaranteed, that the club will suprise us all.
My favourite for a few years was that Stephens wanted to move back up north, when nobody, apart from a couple of bitter Charlton fans, when he came to us, had heard this. If Stockers goes ,and I hope he doesn't, but, if he goes, I can guarantee, us fans will be the last to know.

I totally agree. But there is nothing wrong in a little harmless speculation and opinion. I have absolutely no idea about the mechanisms of running a football club and one of the greatest attributes of this board is the secrecy in dealing with current players and potential transfer targets. It's fantastic to be surprised by news of new signings and contract extentions that we now little or nothing about. Long may it last.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think this is damaging Stockdale's reputation at all.

This is a huge decision for him, at his age he probably won't be in a position to get such contract offers again.

I think the club will give him at least until the middle of June to decide one way or the other.

Stay with Albion earning £40,000 per on a two year contract, guaranteed number one.

Four year contract at Dirty Leeds on £20,000 per week, back to his roots, short trips to his parents and in-laws for servings of Tripe.

Benchwarmer at Chelsea, playing league cups, watching European football and £80,000 pw.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Stay with Albion earning £40,000 per on a two year contract, guaranteed number one.

Four year contract at Dirty Leeds on £20,000 per week, back to his roots, short trips to his parents and in-laws for servings of Tripe.

Benchwarmer at Chelsea, playing league cups, watching European football and £80,000 pw.
Ok £80,000 it is, with lots of time off counting my money.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I must have a go at this plucking figures out of thin air :moo:

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I must have a go at this plucking figured out of thin air :moo:

The £40,000 isn't. PL players at clubs such as Southampton and similar earn that easily, and I was informed that that is the level of contract we will be offering generally from now on to first teamers.

Chelsea - benchwarmer Begovic earns circa £60,000 pw according to all the usual websites, a contract set under the old SkyTV era deal.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Just interjecting to say that the Chelsea story did not have any credibility.
Can't speak for palace, leeda & west ham rumours but the Chelsea interest was fabricated*

*obviously does not mean they will not be interested later in the summer. Though i seriously doubt it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Usually after online gambling their fortune away, a mug's game.

I know, I heard someone talking on the radio today mentioning they knew a current premier league player who has a room in his mansion with about 10 TVs constantly on with racing, greyhounds, football, basketball, etc and this player sits in the middle of the room at a desk on his phone to his bookmaker in Mombai.....

That's gonna end one way

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I know, I heard someone talking on the radio today mentioning they knew a current premier league player who has a room in his mansion with about 10 TVs constantly on with racing, greyhounds, football, basketball, etc and this player sits in the middle of the room at a desk on his phone to his bookmaker in Mombai.....

That's gonna end one way

Doesn't make any sense, do it all on Betfair, get better odds than any Bookmaker, and no danger of his Bookmaker doing a runner :shrug:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

That's gonna end one way

Big phone bill?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Wasn't Joey Barton was it !!?? Seriously if someone on a PL contract needs credit then they have a big problem !! And if they are found betting on football a lengthy ban will await

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

The truth is out there, and always finds its way out into the open.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here