Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ray Wilkins on TalkShite this morning.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Bob Mills (who I actually don’t mind) talks as though he’s been placed under general anaesthetic and is fighting to stay conscious. It’s as though he doesn’t have full control of his mouth.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Leaving work this morning I tuned into TalkShite, started listening to a very cringe worthy moment where RW was talking to a Sun journo on the Rashford free kick last night v Celtic Vigo.
Basically accusing the journo of having no knowledge of football :lolol:
The journo replied in saying "how dare you and who are you to say these things".
It culminated in RW issuing an apology several times, and that it was him apologising, and not for TalkShite.
Did anyone here this comedy moment.
It's not that often you hear someone digging a hole live on radio :)

TalkSport is what it is. Personally I absolutely hate it. The presenters are largely attention-seeking cocks, and the adverts would make me want to drink bleach.

Some people obviously enjoy it, so good luck to them.

What I don't understand (nothing personal) is why you /others would CHOOSE to listen to it, then refer to it as 'TalkShite' and come on here moaning about it :shrug:

Last edited:

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Not sticking up for Wilkins, who i can't stand, but Neil Custis seems a right baby....

I think Van Gaal called him a fat boy, or something similar, last year at a press conference and he went on & on & on about it at every opportunity arghhhh

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
I find if I do a bit of Talksport, followed by some LBC, then I am ready to rip somebody's head off by lunchtime. Radio 2 is much more soothing.

I put myself through a morning off talkshite and LBC yesterday and have to concur with your thesis. Although I find 6 music is a better remedy

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
To be fair, when you listen to the balls the journos come out with every Sunday on that show on Sky, it does make you wonder. You don't notice it too much when they're talking about the bigger clubs or the ones they know particularly well, but as soon as they dip outside of that (for instance, the Championship), it's largely bullshit and clear they're just talking off the top of their heads. Which makes me then question how much of what they say so confidently about the Premier League is also winging it. Obviously, they're generally more knowledgeable and well-informed than the average fan - but maybe not as much as they make out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be fair, when you listen to the balls the journos come out with every Sunday on that show on Sky, it does make you wonder. You don't notice it too much when they're talking about the bigger clubs or the ones they know particularly well, but as soon as they dip outside of that (for instance, the Championship), it's largely bullshit and clear they're just talking off the top of their heads. Which makes me then question how much of what they say so confidently about the Premier League is also winging it. Obviously, they're generally more knowledgeable and well-informed than the average fan - but maybe not as much as they make out.

That depends what the discussion is actually about. Of course they KNOW more than your average fan - they spend their working lives around clubs / press conferences / watching games, etc. BUT - most football chat is simply a matter of opinion, anyway - 'is that player better than this player' for example.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The breakfast show is so bad, Tuesdays and Thursdays are the worst when its him and Quinn.

Only time it's worth turning on is when it's a replacement host.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Open and shut case. Wilkins says Custis has no football knowledge. Custis asks player with 84 caps for England who he is.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
TalkSport is what it is. Personally I absolutely hate it. The presenters are largely attention-seeking cocks, and the adverts would make me want to drink bleach.

Some people obviously enjoy it, so good luck to them.

What I don't understand (nothing personal) is why you /others would CHOSE to listen to it, then refer to it as 'TalkShite' and come on here moaning about it :shrug:

my defence is that when i'm driving to work at 5.30am the alternative is Vanessa Feltz.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
I still try to listen to TalkSport but it is becoming a harder and harder listen because of things like this. They only put Wilkins on for this sort of thing, he makes a fool out of himself every time. He has been clearly drunk on air a number of times, I actually think it's cruel that they keep doing this to him, the man is ill.

Brazil is also an absolute CJTC, a dinosaur, a nasty piece of work and should be taken off the air. Thank god for H and J and Danny Kelly, the only presenters that can add respectability to the station (along with some good news reporters and producers who have very good taste in football clubs!).

Exactly - especially when Tom Latchem is on - or his brother Chris on Radio 5 Live for that matter ;-)

Heard the argument, definitely sounded like RW had got a 'loosener' down him, very forthright.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I'm team Wilkins. The keeper should've saved the free kick.

The journo probably hasn't played much football in his life for him to think that is nonsense.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I also think the GK should have saved the free kick.
This is exactly what I thought after watching on a dodgy stream, the keeper had no trust in his wall and moved along the goal line in the split second prior to the kick being taken, had he stayed where he was and leapt to save the strike in the same way he did from the position he moved to he would have easily reached the ball. Bad goal keeping and RW was absolutely right in his opinion and the Sun journalist was, well a Sun journalist!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here