Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton to be presented trophy at Villa?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Why does it matter. No chance we'll beat Villa.

This!

The players switched off totally after the final whistle against Wigan.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Seriously. This is getting boring now. Winning promotion was a huge thing. We've never been in the Premier League and not been in the top flight for 34 years. Would you rather the players just went straight home after the Wigan game?

Promotion was and is massively important for The Albion.

The League Title should be massively important for the players. Let's be brutally honest, how many of our squad are likely to get this type of opportunity again in their careers?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We will be awarded a trophy. It might be the runners up cup, but we will get one or the other.

A runners-up cup after blowing a 7 point lead with three games to go? Great!

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
The League Title should be massively important for the players. Let's be brutally honest, how many of our squad are likely to get this type of opportunity again in their careers?

This. They should have still been focused and trying to win the remaining 3. They should be playing for their place next season or putting themselves in the shop window.

Amazing achievement to get promoted, it's what we've all been waiting for, but needed 3 points from our last 3 games and being 0 for 2 isn't exactly showing off our talent, sure the bottle job posts will be bounced if we fail to win on the weekend.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Exactly,why would we want to lift a runners up trophy after blowing such a huge lead?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, if I was BHA I'd take the cup and walk quietly down the tunnel with a small wave. Embarrassing to celebrate coming 2nd after 3 defeats in a row.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A runners-up cup after blowing a 7 point lead with three games to go? Great!

You be a misery if you want. I'm happy to be promoted in either first or second, after last year. Of course, I hope we win, but I won't get into a sulk, if we don't. Life's too short.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You be a misery if you want. I'm happy to be promoted in either first or second, after last year. Of course, I hope we win, but I won't get into a sulk, if we don't. Life's too short.

Who's being a misery? I think the switching off by the players is disappointing at the very least-you enjoy the second place 'trophy'.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Promotion was and is massively important for The Albion.

It may be an aspiration for some in 12 months' time . . . .

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I fear you may well be right.

Will we see you at Villa?

Sadly, no. Rather a lot on my plate right now. I hope you have a great day out. :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Will they use one of these modern 3D printer things and make the trophy on site ?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Completely agree with this. You would think we were about to be relegated if you look at some on here. Whatever happens on Sunday, we start next season on same points as Newcastle. It would be a shame to end the season without a win in three and not win the title, nobody is debating that. But I'm not going to moan about players who have done an amazing thing because they have not quite been up to their usual high standards once the aim for the season has been reached.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Completely agree with this. You would think we were about to be relegated if you look at some on here. Whatever happens on Sunday, we start next season on same points as Newcastle. It would be a shame to end the season without a win in three and not win the title, nobody is debating that. But I'm not going to moan about players who have done an amazing thing because they have not quite been up to their usual high standards once the aim for the season has been reached.

What makes me chuckle is that the fans who are berating the players for giving up the title, have given up hope themselves for the title. There is still a chance on Sunday.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
No - because we'll get a trophy no matter what - 2nd place get a trophy and medals as well now :shootself

Here it is.........

Loser_Trophy_Design_White-3_crop_340x234.jpg :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here