Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have 2 'small' requests of our club for this time next week please......

I think having the words to Sussex By The Sea is paying off, now they fade the music down and everyone sings the last bit it's good. Also it was noticeable on Saturday that a lot reverted to singing 'going up to win the cup' rather than 'tell them all that we stand or fall' at Boro. Think the Stand Or Fall lyrics are a lot more fitting and powerful as an anthem...

IF there was to be a pitch invasion on Monday, what provision will the club make for those in the WSU to get down to the pitch... Zip lines? Fireman's poles down to WSL? Aircraft style inflatable slides?

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Have you been supporting the Albion for long?

Only 3 seasons, which I guess makes me a newbie, but the fact that so many sing a variation on the "proper" words, despite their being displayed on the screen, rather supports my case, I think?

Anyway, I do exercise my lungs during the match supporting the team which is surely the main point......

I particularly enjoy the one "we are going up, we are going up.....".

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Only 3 seasons, which I guess makes me a newbie, but the fact that so many sing a variation on the "proper" words, despite their being displayed on the screen, rather supports my case, I think?

Anyway, I do exercise my lungs during the match supporting the team which is surely the main point......

I particularly enjoy the one "we are going up, we are going up.....".
Ah....so the history of the song, the fact that it was sung by some of us as kids at the Goldstone Ground (our old stadium in Hove) may be a little lost on you....which is fine of course, but don't be surprised when others disagree. It's a pretty important part of our identity.

:)

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Ah....so the history of the song, the fact that it was sung by some of us as kids at the Goldstone Ground (our old stadium in Hove) may be a little lost on you....which is fine of course, but don't be surprised when others disagree. It's a pretty important part of our identity.

:)

I cut my teeth (50+years ago) as a football fan with my home team, Plymouth Argyle, so I know all about ups and downs and the trauma of following football.....

Sing away, maybe I'll get it eventually....!?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hence my statement saying 'had things worked out more favourably' ..... i.e - securing promotion that day

Pitch invasion without securing promotion or a last day relegation suvival is all a bit...: Reading FC

FFS, get over yourself.

Was this https://youtu.be/_UQtHi5beGg a bit too 'Reading FC' for you?

If certain sections of Brighton fans stopped worrying about how they looked in front of each other, and other fans, and started just enjoying themselves, then we'd have a much better club to support.

As Wilko's thread lilies earlier, I think we have the most self-conscious fans in the country.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Allow everybody if they wish to stand for 1 game only?
Yeah great idea!!! Just like Middlesborough making the more elderly support have to stand to see or block the view for my deaf lad leaving him with a totally miserable experience. If he can't hear and can't see whats he got left?. Sit down.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
On trains, IMO the issues and problems arise because:

1) There does not seem to be a Service Level Agreement (SLA) between the club and Southern. An SLA would set out the services (number of coaches, frequency of trains etc) on matchdays (with penalties if Southern screw it up)

2) I don't know 100% but I suspect the club gives Southern the "travel tax" up-front. If so, there is therefore no incentive for Southern to get the services right if they have already been paid. Bit like an employer paying you at the start of each month before you have actually done anything to earn your money

3) Southern are shit and the majority of their staff just dont give one (including being on duty to assist wheelchair users after evening games)

I must admit that I am surprised that after 5 years at the Amex the "best CEO in the world" still hasn't sorted the travel problems out.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I think having the words to Sussex By The Sea is paying off, now they fade the music down and everyone sings the last bit it's good. Also it was noticeable on Saturday that a lot reverted to singing 'going up to win the cup' rather than 'tell them all that we stand or fall' at Boro. Think the Stand Or Fall lyrics are a lot more fitting and powerful as an anthem...

100%. It's not difficult to google or wiki GOSBTS.

Respect the bravery of the members of the Royal Sussex Regiment who used it as an "unofficial" regimental march going to fight in the trenches.

Be proud of our unofficial county anthem

And sing the right bloody words. "You can tell them all that we stand or fall for Sussex by the Sea" Words to be sung with power and passion.

"der-der-dering" is cheap, tacky and lazy. FFS it isn't that hard.

WE WUNT BE DRUV

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
The only way to sort the atmosphere is egos. If the Judge and the blokes under the screen, as well as the police box crew could all bother trying to join in rather than outdo we'd be fine, just like Boro last week

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The only way to sort the atmosphere is egos. If the Judge and the blokes under the screen, as well as the police box crew could all bother trying to join in rather than outdo we'd be fine, just like Boro last week

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You do know that the Judge used to stand under the police box with us, right? There is no animosity or one upmanship between the two groups. In fact we all get on really well. Sadly we just cannot hear each other until the chants are virtually finished. Aim your ire at the club who have repeatedly shown no willing towards creating a proper singing section, not at two groups of fans who at least make an effort.

Ketchy

Steve Fosters Sweat Band
May 19, 2009
Seaford
Still remember the clackers at the palace playoff game!!! God did they give us some stick about them :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here