Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Wedding First Dance

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nothing's gonna stop us now

Bit random - I saw it as two fingers to those that ever doubted us (young when met etc)

Oh and my Mrs got cramp in her foot during the dance & everyone thought id trodden on her foot :lol:

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
We had Inxs "Never tear us apart" which went down quite well.

On the subject of the Aerosmith song, I once went to a live sex show in Amsterdam with an ex. We went in not really knowing what to expect, so sat on a wooden pew in rows with other strangers. The lights dimmed, the music started and out came the performers dressed in army gear. A 'routine' started and I can happily say it was the least erotic and most uncomfortable thing I think I have ever seen. It wasn't a turn-on and we realised we had made a massive mistake. Suddenly the music changed and a drunk sat up and started belting out the chorus "Don't want to close my eyes, I don't want to fall asleep........." at the top of his voice even standing up on the pew. He was brilliant, sang perfectly and diverted our attention from the fornication on the stage. The audience all turned to watch and ultimately gave a huge standing ovation leaving the copulating couple looking very confused. We used this diversion to get the hell out of there even giving our drink tokens to a lucky wa*ker (literally)

Even now 10 years later I can’t hear that song without smiling at the ridiculousness of it all.

but for me it isnt a love song any more

Mannie

Jun 4, 2014
Brighton
some great songs on here, were getting married next year and think were going to have 'we are going to be friends' by the white stripes as it was one of our songs when we started going out together. not hoplessly romantic per se, but it means something to us.

Great Song - Glastonbury version is a favourite

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
To leave her under no illusions...

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I had "what the world needs now" by Jackie DeShannon. I was more nervous about the dance than the actual ceremony. I was pretty confident in my dancing ability after about 2 bottles of Champagne.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
We had Glory Box by Portishead. We had to do it twice, because everybody was outside (it was 1995, the weather was gorgeous), and they all wanted to see it...

At the end of the ceremony in the church we had the choral bit of Come Together by Primal Scream booming through the building.

Both songs still do it for me.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
She by Elvis Costello.

Now missing Mrs Glawster as she's been at Dads house in the Dordogne with daughter for 10 days.

Me and the cat getting fed up with each other now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here