Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United Tickets (A)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Boom in the bag!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
They're not reducing the number going, just second-guessing how many will be available after T1 and tailoring T2 more or less to that expected number (hopefully meaning most or all of those in T2 that want a ticket can get one, as happened with Swansea) and as you say reduce the queue. My guess is that Man U will be very similar - will either sell out late tomorrow, or a handful at most will drop into T3 the following day.

Making T2 bigger would just increase the queue, and mean loads queue for ages and then not be successful - which is more annoying (to me anyway)

No of course the same amount will still go, however the amount of people who have a chance to get a ticket will be fewer.

If it was me I would much rather be in with a chance of getting a ticket, even if I queue and then fail to get one, than have no chance what so ever and feel as if its a closed shop.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No of course the same amount will still go, however the amount of people who have a chance to get a ticket will be fewer.

If it was me I would much rather be in with a chance of getting a ticket, even if I queue and then fail to get one, than have no chance what so ever and feel as if its a closed shop.

Fair enough....still think they could have a small % available to lower tiers on a random basis too

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

Might as well do away with loyalty points and make the whole lot a free for all then?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Might as well do away with loyalty points and make the whole lot a free for all then?

How have you got that out of this situation.

They have reduced the T2 by quite a large amount of points, which means a lot of T2 fans who could get swansea tickets at a smaller away capacity will now not have a chance of getting united tickets as they have been bumped down to T3 due to no fault of their own and no ability to get any more points in between sales.

Just seems odd to me that the club are reducing the amount of fans who can get away tickets when the call from the lower tiers is they would like more of a chance.

T2 - 242 LP - 2000 Capacity at Swansea
T2 - 250 LP - 3000 Capacity at United

Not once have I suggested about getting rid of loyalty points or expanding the previous T2 tier bracket.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

They have reduced the T2 by quite a large amount of points, which means a lot of T2 fans who could get swansea tickets at a smaller away capacity will now not have a chance of getting united tickets as they have been bumped down to T3 due to no fault of their own and no ability to get any more points in between sales.

Just seems odd to me that the club are reducing the amount of fans who can get away tickets when the call from the lower tiers is they would like more of a chance.

Not once have I suggested about getting rid of loyalty points or expanding the previous T2 tier bracket.

Except "they" have fewer points than those in T2.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
These seem to be selling quite quickly. Only 936 left at the moment plus 104 Ambulant/Wheelchair.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

I know what you're saying, but they've clearly shortened T2 so those with the highest points (that aren't in T1) get first dibs.

I've said this many times on here as I was always just outside T1. For example last season say the first tier was 1150, then T2 was something silly like 1070 which lumped me (and many others) in with people with 60 points less than us! Shortening the brackets is a good thing in that respect.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
I know what you're saying, but they've clearly shortened T2 so those with the highest points (that aren't in T1) get first dibs.

I've said this many times on here as I was always just outside T1. For example last season say the first tier was 1150, then T2 was something silly like 1070 which lumped me (and many others) in with people with 60 points less than us! Shortening the brackets is a good thing in that respect.

Agreed if the club really want to reward loyalty then shortening the brackets has to make sense.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Of course there is a call from the lower tiers, because they do not have sufficient points and want a chance of jumping the queue rather than accepting that those ahead of them have more loyalty points because they have been to more game.

This call is however totally against the rationale of the loyalty scheme

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

What they are doing is tiering in the way they see fairest - ie the higher points you have, the more chance you have of getting a ticket. What you're looking for is a more random chance open to more people in a wider T2 - which I guess those just below T1 threshold would say is pretty unfair.

You also can't compare the numbers directly a lot of the time because the threshold for T1, assuming 3000 tickets, will rise with virtually each game as new LPs are added (so the subsequent tier thresholds will also be higher obviously).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
These seem to be selling quite quickly. Only 936 left at the moment plus 104 Ambulant/Wheelchair.

Oddly now up to 985. So maybe they haven't put all on sale at once, so could be selling slower than first thought.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

I have been in tier 2 all the way. I was quietly confident of getting tickets for Man Utd, however the club has brought sales forward by a week, so my 10 points for west Ham are not included and I have dropped to tier 3

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I have been in tier 2 all the way. I was quietly confident of getting tickets for Man Utd, however the club has brought sales forward by a week, so my 10 points for west Ham are not included and I have dropped to tier 3

Well according to posters above, you arent loyal enough!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

I think a few people will be in the same situation.
My son has also dropped to T3 and as soon as they brought the sales forward a week, I realised he was unlikely to get a ticket. Still not sure why that decision was taken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here