Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Advice needed please - taking luggage into the Amex

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
A bit of a strange one -

I've had two Danish friend's come to visit and we are travelling down on the train from Oxfordshire for the match tomorrow before they fly straight back from Gatwick to Denmark. They will have their hand luggage with them but I'm not sure if they will be allowed it in the stadium, does anyone in NSC world know? Alternatively are there lockers at Brighton station that we could leave the bags in?

Help please....

Thanks.

I had this situation last season when I was over for two weeks. I was heading back to US straight after the game and my bag wasn't exactly small even if it was full of them (smalls, that is). I rang the club beforehand and they took my name and details and told me to take it to somewhere near the ticket office. The people there were very friendly but told me it was just as well I rang in advance as they wouldn't have taken it except by prior arrangement. Given the heightened security levels these days, I would err on the side of caution if I were you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I havent noticed any left luggage facilities at any stations for about the last 20/30 years probably due to possible bombs. Have they stopped them?

Unfortunately not. There was a bomb on the underground at Parsons Green only a few weeks back.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I havent noticed any left luggage facilities at any stations for about the last 20/30 years probably due to possible bombs. Have they stopped them?

I have used left luggage in the last year at Birmingham New Street (last minute winner from FFS) and Euston (Wolves I think). They are eye-wateringly expensive.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
Thanks for the link, i might chance my arm todat but I'll definitely save that link and use city stash in the future

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
Thanks for all your help, I think we are going to take them to the stadium and put a call into the club on the way down.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A bit of a strange one -

I've had two Danish friend's come to visit and we are travelling down on the train from Oxfordshire for the match tomorrow before they fly straight back from Gatwick to Denmark. They will have their hand luggage with them but I'm not sure if they will be allowed it in the stadium, does anyone in NSC world know? Alternatively are there lockers at Brighton station that we could leave the bags in?

Help please....

Thanks.

They could always break their journey at Gatwick and leave their bags there then catch the next train down to the game (travel is free from Haywards Heath anyway)

https://www.gatwickairport.com/at-the-airport/passenger-services/luggage/

Not the cheapest, but better than lugging them around all day I'd have thought.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There’s luggage storage at all major London stations and airports. Expensive but works.

I have taken an overnight hold-all into the Amex before. Got a thorough search but no problem

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
By all accounts someone rocked up at the Amex yesterday with a big bag, asking to leave it somewhere as a discussion on here suggested that was OK to do.

The club have asked that if you do know you'll be attending a game with a large bag, please contact the club in advance and they will advise what will be possible.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here