Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everton on Sunday

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Nah 3 points hit um whilst they're down

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We have to be targeting the win in this game, they're in shocking form. If we want to stay up, we can't be looking to draw games with the standard teams.

Exactly, we may as well throw in the towel now if we're going into this one looking for anything less than three points. With all due respect to teams like Everton...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Everton signed Rooney and Sandro Ramirez...

Rooney's a busted flush and not really a striker any more. I don't really know why they bothered with him, being as they'd already targeted and eventually bought in Sigurdsson for a kings ransom, he plays in Rooney's position. Ramirez might come good but has done nothing so far, and hardly looks like an adequate replacement for Lukaku (who they've known for months and months would be leaving).

Not a very clever transfer window from them, but that said, I don't expect them to be seriously involved in the shake-up for bottom 3 this season. They'll be comfortably mid.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Rooney's a busted flush and not really a striker any more. I don't really know why they bothered with him, being as they'd already targeted and eventually bought in Sigurdsson for a kings ransom, he plays in Rooney's position. Ramirez might come good but has done nothing so far, and hardly looks like an adequate replacement for Lukaku (who they've known for months and months would be leaving).

Not a very clever transfer window from them, but that said, I don't expect them to be seriously involved in the shake-up for bottom 3 this season. They'll be comfortably mid.

They wanted Giroud, and were close to getting him, which would have meant Niasse going to Palace.

I'd forgotten about the Niassa angle. He's bound to score against us now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They wanted Giroud, and were close to getting him, which would have meant Niasse going to Palace.

I'd forgotten about the Niassa angle. He's bound to score against us now.

Was never convinced that Giroud move would come off, I doubt he was keen to swap his Arsenal / London comfort-zone to go up there.

Niasse is a strange one. Koeman clearly wanted shot of him, but after their transfer window trevails, he's ended up back in the picture and has bagged 3 goals already this season. As you say, its probably on the cards for him to stick one past us now.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was thinking it might be a good time to play Everton now, but having seen Bozza's point about the fixtures they've had, perhaps they're not that bad. Still hoping for three points though.

Complete, of course, with the obligatory thoroughly nervy and miserable last twenty minutes in our own penalty area trying to hang on to whatever we might have got..........................................

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I want 3 points from this one - bring it on.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
The good news is Koeman is still there, was worried they would have got rid of him at the start of the start of the international break and the squad would be out to impress the new manager.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i will be watching in Majorca....hopefully it wont be like the City game when I wandered out the bar after 30 minutes of us hoofing it up the field

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Seem to remember SB singing Sandro's praises at the end of last season. Hasn't scored yet......As for Rooney, been well past his best for a while. They have plenty of No 10's but no quality 9

Sandro is a good player and only cost them about £5million because he had a crazy release clause. Everton's problem is signing so many players so quickly, the dynamic of the team is totally changed now and they're desperately trying to squeeze Rooney into the team because he's being paid the equivalent of 4 players' wages. The formation is a pudding because they don't have any wingers and without Seamus Coleman bombing on from right back, and Leighton Baines being about 60 now, they've no width.

Was never convinced that Giroud move would come off, I doubt he was keen to swap his Arsenal / London comfort-zone to go up there.

Niasse is a strange one. Koeman clearly wanted shot of him, but after their transfer window trevails, he's ended up back in the picture and has bagged 3 goals already this season. As you say, its probably on the cards for him to stick one past us now.

The Giroud move was daft, there was 0% chance he would sign for Everton. Absolutely 0%, and everyone knew it.

Niasse is alright, he's such a 5/10 player at this level but that's not the end of the world. Dominic Calvert-Lewin is their biggest surprise danger, he's a talent.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Definitely got to go for 3 points. Home game they are low on confidence attack attack attack..

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Sandro is a good player and only cost them about £5million because he had a crazy release clause. Everton's problem is signing so many players so quickly, the dynamic of the team is totally changed now and they're desperately trying to squeeze Rooney into the team because he's being paid the equivalent of 4 players' wages. The formation is a pudding because they don't have any wingers and without Seamus Coleman bombing on from right back, and Leighton Baines being about 60 now, they've no width.

The Giroud move was daft, there was 0% chance he would sign for Everton. Absolutely 0%, and everyone knew it.

Niasse is alright, he's such a 5/10 player at this level but that's not the end of the world. Dominic Calvert-Lewin is their biggest surprise danger, he's a talent.
Good analysis.

Am really looking forward to this to see how CH matches up tactically. I think we are most vulnerable down the flanks which, as you point out, is not where Everton are strong currently.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Will always expect 3 pts at home except against the top few sides. Think we need to ramp up the crowd and go for the throat from the off!

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seem to remember SB singing Sandro's praises at the end of last season. Hasn't scored yet......As for Rooney, been well past his best for a while. They have plenty of No 10's but no quality 9

Sandro wasn't from my 'stable' of strikers!, but I certainly was singing his praises after whoever (annoyingly I can't find the thread) did bring him to our attention.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Everton won 4 away last season. They are crap away. Coupled with the mess of a start this season with a manager that pretty much everyone has turned on. If we dont get a least a point it will be very disappointing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Everton won 4 away last season. They are crap away. Coupled with the mess of a start this season with a manager that pretty much everyone has turned on. If we dont get a least a point it will be very disappointing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Spot on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here