Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How agonising/heroic will Scotland's failure to reach the World Cup be?

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Their official National Anthem is the same as ours, God Save the Queen, the official National Anthem of the United Kingdom, of which they are a constituent part.

Whatever other jingoistic claptrap that they choose to caterwaul is, of course, their business, but an official National Anthem it is not. Anyway, let's be honest, Floo-er of Scotland is a dirge too.....................

........and it won't be going to the World Cup in Russia! :lol::lol::lol:

God save the queen is the worst national anthem I've heard

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The scots have a chip on their shoulder, as we are their bigger older brother. Let them throw a few punches/insults at us- and instead of fighting back, pat them on the head and say together we are stronger.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I'm going to have a bit of fun with my Scots mate Duncan in the pub later as he was convinced that they would be through to the playoff stage, as the game would be a walk in the park according to him.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
[MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] has it right. However, after years of wishing ill on Scotland in the football, I find myself once again willing them on. I visited the Highlands for the second time in the summer after a twenty odd year break and received nothing but hospitable, kind and polite treatment from my Scottish hosts. I realise this may be different in the big cities but my feelings about the country are very positive. I love Scotland.

I have to say in defence of our Scottish brethren the ones who live down south in most are ok although I appreciate they have to make the effort, when I was in The Great Glenn a few years ago the people were wonderful, however far removed from the Lowland folk!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have to say in defence of our Scottish brethren the ones who live down south in most are ok although I appreciate they have to make the effort, when I was in The Great Glenn a few years ago the people were wonderful, however far removed from the Lowland folk!

Quite ironic considering that lowland Scots are very highly related to the English.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm probably in the minority here, but when I look on my passport it states that I am British, and when I read and watch programs it states that the British helped to win 2 world wars. I was happy when the Scottish/British tennis player Andy Murray won Wimbledon, so unless Scotland, Wales, N ireland are playing England I hope they do well.

Would you cheer on Palace if they ever got into Europe, being an English team after all? ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The scots have a chip on their shoulder, as we are their bigger older brother. Let them throw a few punches/insults at us- and instead of fighting back, pat them on the head and say together we are stronger.

Im thinking you have never patted a Scotsman on the head whilst simultaneously saying "together we are stronger"

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] has it right. However, after years of wishing ill on Scotland in the football, I find myself once again willing them on. I visited the Highlands for the second time in the summer after a twenty odd year break and received nothing but hospitable, kind and polite treatment from my Scottish hosts. I realise this may be different in the big cities but my feelings about the country are very positive. I love Scotland.

I do too.

I’ve got a timeshare in Aberdeenshire and the people are so hospitable and lovely. Love the place.

Not all Scots are jingoistic Jimmy Krankie Sturgeon types. Just seems to be the ones who attend football and rugby matches.

Still wanted them to lose though [emoji16]

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I do too.

I’ve got a timeshare in Aberdeenshire and the people are so hospitable and lovely. Love the place.

Not all Scots are jingoistic Jimmy Krankie Sturgeon types. Just seems to be the ones who attend football and rugby matches.

Still wanted them to lose though [emoji16]

This. My daughter studied and has decided to live up there, I’ve got a team of staff up there and visit several times a year. I’ve holidayed in Scotland a few times, always been excellent.

When it comes to football though, I wish them nothing but humiliation and misery, because that’s all they want for us. [emoji23][emoji23]

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

I love Scotland, too. We have been up twice during the Summer over the last two years and had nothing but excellent and friendly treatment and service wherever we have gone, whether out is the wilds or in towns and cities.

But we used to have a very good friend locally in Hampshire who was Scottish - a nice educated bloke who was a teacher. But talk to him about football and his attitude to his adopted country was - how can I put it - less than charitable. I thought the scenes last night were hilarious.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Gordon Strachan comes out and blames it all on the fact that his players are 'too short'. 'We are genetically behind everyone else'

What a PLEB

It gets better and better

Without saying 'We're too ginger and drink too much', it's hard to see how he could have come out with anything more ludicrous.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was wrong, I honestly thought Scotland could get a result in Slovenia but they balls'd it up again.

It was quite funny seeing the way they imploded after taking the lead and their "Scotch on the Rocks" defending. The inevitability of the late but ultimately futile goal makes it even funnier.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Said this before on here and I'll say it again. I like the Scotland football team. There's something about the glorious failure and the Championship quality that strikes a chord with me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Without saying 'We're too ginger and drink too much', it's hard to see how he could have come out with anything more ludicrous.

Exactly. North Koreans are 3cm shorter than their Southern counterparts and yet they've won the last 6 world cups. How does WGS explain that?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here