Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do the kids get loyalty points

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As I said right from the start the new scheme makes it is a closed shop to the top two tiers. There is no chance of a third tier or lower closing the gap. Yes they might get lucky on some of the less popular games, but these are few and far between and crtainly less than half of the games so the gap will just get wider and wider. I'm the top tier but I still think this is unfair.

I'd be happy to see 10% of each away allocation held back to be sold to all season ticket holders. At least then the really keen ones will have a crack at getting a ticket each time.

Yup. I think this is about the best we could hope for, and perhaps make half of them for extra family members so a complete set can go to certain away matches.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So you think someone who may have had a season ticket for only one season having jumped on the bandwagon following our near miss in Middlesborough, should have the chance of getting an away ticket at Arsenal ahead of someone who has followed the club for years and travelled away many times.

I think the 10% (or similar) idea is a good one (and I'll be affected by it, because I'm just getting to away games at the mo), especially if it's done by lottery, and a small allocation is specifically for children.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I really think it will.

I'm not a "ground collector" but it is nice to go to a place that we've not been to before, such as The Emirates on Sunday.

I'm glad I went, and it was a good day out. However I'm not sure if I'd go next year, should we still be in the Premier League unless it was a late season game with something riding on it. I think it was [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] who said he can understand why some Premier League mid-table sides do not sell out for some of the "big" away days any more.
I second this point. If I look at the championship as it stands today, there is only Sunderland and Ipswich, that I have never been to. Once I have done this circuit once, I am unsure how keen I will be second or third time around. PL status permitting of course.

In fact, the chance to do this circuit was what kept me going back year on year to derby, preston, norwich, boro, reading, sheff wed et al. To build my points accordingly. Unless there was some other motivation, like a potential european trip. I could see myself quickly slipping to say 50% aways in the PL.

I am sure that mindset will apply to a good few and allow the gap to be closed in due course through future seasons. As an aside, i was actually wondering about a pontential bottle neck, if we were to get relegated this year or next and are performing well in the championship. With smaller allocations, higher chance of winning, pent up demand and those wanting to build points if we look likely returning to the prem. This situation could actually be worse for those in lower tiers and actually increase the time taken to close the gap. Especially if they are unable/unwilling to do northen evening away trips. Which are often poorly attended. These are also useless for kids.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The kids can go in 34 years time when we who have waited so long will be dead! Why knows, by then Palace might have scored too.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think the 10% (or similar) idea is a good one (and I'll be affected by it, because I'm just getting to away games at the mo), especially if it's done by lottery, and a small allocation is specifically for children.

But you can't just sell tickets to kids, they have to have someone go with them so that's two tickets.

As others have said, this season is exceptional because it's our first in the Premier League and there are plenty of grounds many of us haven't been to but next season I suspect many, including myself, will not go to as many games. That opens the door to others.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
For every club? I'm not sure given some clubs don't sell out.

That aside, there's currently plenty of opportunities for tier 2 people to break into the top. And over the course of the next 5 or 6 years I'm sure there will be opportunities for those further down to get into the top 1 or 2 tiers as well. I say 5-6 years as it has taken top tier people this long, with a good number of away games, to get to where they currently are.

No, I was responding to our resident Spur Paxo and the "Big" clubs.

We are nowhere near at the moment, but should we stay up and, bearing in mind that we are in a fairly affluent area, who knows?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Exactly the same way a new adult ST holder would have to, minor cup games and whatever you can get tickets for.

Those of us unable to get a ST will now get zero games instead of a handful of homes and away,s where-as at least these kids get 19 home games and the chance to get home cup tickets.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The club are working to create a Minecraft add on where harvester points can be mined at will.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The club are working to create a Minecraft add on where harvester points can be mined at will.

I would be shocked to find any empty seats beyond the norm at any away league game this season, they will all be rammed as they have been thus far. I struggle to comprehend how people can mix up a £10 haribo cup game and an all important league game.

If Hudds are charging similarly to last season (£10 Adult £1 Child) then that's the only league game I could see it happening, but with the club now alert they will have it identified as one to monitor, so you will be taking a massive risk by no-showing.

Jan 30, 2008
Agreed. This is what happened in 79-83 - as mentioned in previous threads. Not helped by Thatcher's recession mind, I recall around 100 of us at Everton in 82.

I predict Huddersfield away in December will not sell out, so if you're one of those who wants to go away but has few points then stick that in your diary.

PG
really, there was a football special run that day too Liverpool lime st ???
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here